On Fragile Grounds: A replication of "Are Muslim immigrants different in terms of cultrual integration?" Technical documentation
This study is a replication, with technical documentation, of "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in terms of Cultural Integration?" by Alberto Bisin, Eleonora Patacchini, Thierry Verdier and Yves Zenou, published in Journal of European Economic Association, 6, 445-456, 2008. Bisin et al. (2008) report that they have 5963 observations in their study. Using their empirical setup, we can only identify 1901 relevant observations in the original data. After removing missing values we are left with 818 observations. We cannot replicate any of their results and our estimations yield no support for their claims.
|Date of creation:||02 Feb 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.su.se/sulcis
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mahmood Arai & Jonas Karlsson & Michael Lundholm, 2011.
"On Fragile Grounds: A Replication Of “Are Muslim Immigrants Different In Terms Of Cultural Integration?”,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(5), pages 1002-1011, October.
- Arai, Mahmood & Karlsson, Jonas & Lundholm, Michael, 2009. "On Fragile Grounds: A replication of "Are Muslim immigrants different in terms of cultural integration?"," SULCIS Working Papers 2009:1, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Arai, Mahmood & Karlsson, Jonas & Lundholm, Michael, 2008. "On Fragile Grounds: A Replication of Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?," Research Papers in Economics 2009:5, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2007.
"Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3006, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alberto Bisin & Eleonora Patacchini & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2008. "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 445-456, 04-05.
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2007. "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger Koenker & Achim Zeileis, 2009. "On reproducible econometric research," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 833-847.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sulcis:2009_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eskil Wadensjö)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.