Quasi-dynamic forward-looking model for joint household retirement decision under AFP scheme
Structural forward-looking quasi-dynamic behavioural model is estimated for the Norwegian households where husband is eligible for early retirement between 1993 and 1996. Random utility approach is applied to rationalize the observed shifts between four main stages on the labour market. Specific attention is paid to the retirement decisions. Based on the finest model policy simulation is run to register the impact of altering taxation on the labour force participation.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, University of Oslo, P.O Box 1095 Blindern, N-0317 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Brinch & Erik Hernæs & Steinar Strøm, 2001.
"Labour Supply Effects of an Early Retirement Programme,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
463, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brinch, Christian & Hernæs, Erik & Strøm, Steinar, 2002. "Labour Supply Effects of an Early Retirement Programme," Memorandum 33/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Seaks, Terry G & Layson, Stephen K, 1983. "Box-Cox Estimation with Standard Econometric Problems," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 160-64, February.
- Stock, James H & Wise, David A, 1990.
"Pensions, the Option Value of Work, and Retirement,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1151-1180, September.
- James H. Stock & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions, The Option Value of Work, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 2686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2003_028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magnus Gabriel Aase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.