Business Cycles and Fiscal Policy in an Open Economy
Do business cycle fluctuations leave a role and a welfare case for an active stabilization policy by means of fiscal policy instruments? We address this issue in a two-sector open economy model with price-taking firms and imperfect competition in the labour market. Fiscal policies are shown to affect the equilibrium distribution of prices and hence output in the case of both supply (productivity) and demand (preferences) shocks.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1995. "Restraining Yourself: The Implications of Fiscal Rules for Economic Stabilization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 32-48, March.
- Dixon, Huw & Lawler, Phillip, 1996. " Imperfect Competition and the Fiscal Multiplier," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 219-31, June.
- Campbell, John Y., 1994.
"Inspecting the mechanism: An analytical approach to the stochastic growth model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 463-506, June.
- John Y. Campbell, 1992. "Inspecting the Mechanism: An Analytical Approach to the Stochastic Growth Model," NBER Working Papers 4188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John, 1994. "Inspecting the Mechanism: An Analytical Approach to the Stochastic Growth Model," Scholarly Articles 3196342, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Thomas, Charles P, 1995. "The Role of Fiscal Policy in an Incomplete Markets Framework," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 449-68, July.
- Jonsson, G. & Klein, P., 1995.
"Stochastic Fiscal Policy and the Swedish Business Cycle,"
592, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jonsson, Gunnar & Klein, Paul, 1996. "Stochastic fiscal policy and the Swedish business cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 245-268, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:1998_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rhiana Bergh-Seeley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.