Can an Emission Trading Scheme really reduce CO2 emissions in the short term? Evidence from a maritime fleet composition and deployment model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scheelhaase, Janina & Maertens, Sven & Grimme, Wolfgang & Jung, Martin, 2018. "EU ETS versus CORSIA â€“ A critical assessment of two approaches to limit air transport's CO2 emissions by market-based measures," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 55-62.
- Meifeng Luo, 2013. "Emission reduction in international shipping-the hidden side effects," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(7), pages 694-708, December.
- Shi, Yubing, 2016. "Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from international shipping: Is it time to consider market-based measures?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 123-134.
- Giovanni Pantuso & Kjetil Fagerholt & Stein W. Wallace, 2016. "Uncertainty in Fleet Renewal: A Case from Maritime Transportation," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 390-407, May.
- Pierre Franc & Lisa Sutto, 2014. "Impact analysis on shipping lines and European ports of a cap- and-trade system on CO 2 emissions in maritime transport," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 61-78, January.
- Pantuso, Giovanni & Fagerholt, Kjetil & Hvattum, Lars Magnus, 2014. "A survey on maritime fleet size and mix problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(2), pages 341-349.
- Koesler, Simon & Achtnicht, Martin & Köhler, Jonathan, 2015. "Course set for a cap? A case study among ship operators on a maritime ETS," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 20-30.
- Wang, Kun & Fu, Xiaowen & Luo, Meifeng, 2015. "Modeling the impacts of alternative emission trading schemes on international shipping," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 35-49.
- Meleo, Linda & Nava, Consuelo R. & Pozzi, Cesare, 2016. "Aviation and the costs of the European Emission Trading Scheme: The case of Italy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 138-147.
- Pierre Franc & Lisa Sutto, 2014. "Impact analysis on shipping lines and European ports of a cap- and-trade system on CO2 emissions in maritime transport," Post-Print halshs-01366279, HAL.
- Gu, Yewen & Wallace, Stein W., 2017. "Scrubber: a potentially overestimated compliance method for the Emission Control Areas - The importance of involving a ship's sailing pattern in the evaluation," Discussion Papers 2017/13, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Li, Ye & Wang, Yan-zhang & Cui, Qiang, 2016. "Has airline efficiency affected by the inclusion of aviation into European Union Emission Trading Scheme? Evidences from 22 airlines during 2008–2012," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 8-22.
- Hermeling, Claudia & Klement, Jan Henrik & Koesler, Simon & Köhler, Jonathan & Klement, Dorothee, 2014. "Sailing into a dilemma: An economic and legal analysis of an EU trading scheme for maritime emissions," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-021, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsMaritime Emissions Trading Scheme; CO2 emissions; maritime fleet composition; deployment model;
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2018-07-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2018-07-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-07-09 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-KNM-2018-07-09 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-REG-2018-07-09 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRE-2018-07-09 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2018_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.