A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andersson, Jonas & Jörnsten, Kurt & Nonås, Sigrid Lise & Sandal, Leif & Ubøe, Jan, 2013. "A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 190-200.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jörnsten, Kurt & Lise Nonås, Sigrid & Sandal, Leif & Ubøe, Jan, 2012. "Transfer of risk in the newsvendor model with discrete demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 404-414.
- Yingjie Lan & Michael O. Ball & Itir Z. Karaesmen, 2011. "Regret in Overbooking and Fare-Class Allocation for Single Leg," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 194-208, December.
- Lin, Jun & Ng, Tsan Sheng, 2011. "Robust multi-market newsvendor models with interval demand data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 361-373, July.
- Sandal, Leif K. & Ubøe, Jan, 2012. "Stackelberg equilibria in a multiperiod vertical contracting model with uncertain and price-dependent demand," Discussion Papers 2012/2, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2010. "Robust Controls for Network Revenue Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 56-76, November.
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1020-:d:101487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fleischhacker, Adam J. & Fok, Pak-Wing, 2015. "On the relationship between entropy, demand uncertainty, and expected loss," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 623-628.
- Kamburowski, Jerzy, 2014. "The distribution-free newsboy problem under the worst-case and best-case scenarios," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 106-112.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:238:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1995-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:apjorx:v:34:y:2017:i:06:n:s0217595917500312 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:880-892 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tao Wang & Jian-sheng Chen & Ting Wang & Shuang Wang, 2015. "Entropy weight-set pair analysis based on tracer techniques for dam leakage investigation," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(2), pages 747-767, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNewsvendor model; entropy; partial information;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2011_014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .