On the relationship between entropy, demand uncertainty, and expected loss
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Z. Jemai & F. Karaesmen, 2005. "The influence of demand variability on the performance of a make-to-stock queue," Post-Print hal-00126137, HAL.
- Terry A. Taylor & Wenqiang Xiao, 2010. "Does a Manufacturer Benefit from Selling to a Better-Forecasting Retailer?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(9), pages 1584-1598, September.
- Jing-Sheng Song, 1994. "The Effect of Leadtime Uncertainty in a Simple Stochastic Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 603-613, May.
- Jemai, Zied & Karaesmen, Fikri, 2005. "The influence of demand variability on the performance of a make-to-stock queue," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 195-205, July.
- Andersson, Jonas & Jörnsten, Kurt & Nonås, Sigrid Lise & Sandal, Leif & Ubøe, Jan, 2013.
"A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 190-200.
- Andersson, Jonas & Jörnsten, Kurt & Nonås, Sigrid Lise & Sandal, Leif K. & Ubøe, Jan, 2011. "A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information," Discussion Papers 2011/14, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Shuiabi, Eyas & Thomson, Vince & Bhuiyan, Nadia, 2005. "Entropy as a measure of operational flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(3), pages 696-707, September.
- Kwak, Jin Kyung & Gavirneni, Srinagesh, 2011. "Retailer policy, uncertainty reduction, and supply chain performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 271-278, August.
- Xu, Minghui & Chen, Youhua (Frank) & Xu, Xiaolin, 2010. "The effect of demand uncertainty in a price-setting newsvendor model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 946-957, December.
- Ebrahimi, Nader & Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Soofi, Ehsan S., 1999. "Ordering univariate distributions by entropy and variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 317-336, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:270:y:2018:i:2:p:723-733 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:663-676 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEntropy; Measuring demand uncertainty; Stochastic inventory models; Demand variability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:245:y:2015:i:2:p:623-628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.