The Logistics Impact of a Mixture of Order-Streams in a Manufacturer-Retailer System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Allocation Using Past Sales: When to Turn-and-Earn," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 685-703, May.
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1988. "Competitive Promotional Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 427-449, October.
- Ananth. V. Iyer & Jianming Ye, 2000. "Assessing the Value of Information Sharing in a Promotional Retail Environment," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 128-143, February.
- Jing-Sheng Song, 1994. "The Effect of Leadtime Uncertainty in a Simple Stochastic Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 603-613, May.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Frank Chen & Zvi Drezner & Jennifer K. Ryan & David Simchi-Levi, 2000. "Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in a Simple Supply Chain: The Impact of Forecasting, Lead Times, and Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 436-443, March.
- Susan L. Albin, 1986. "Delays for Customers from Different Arrival Streams to a Queue," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 329-340, March.
- Charles R. Sox & L. Joseph Thomas & John O. McClain, 1997. "Coordinating Production and Inventory to Improve Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(9), pages 1189-1197, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheung, Ki Ling & Song, Jing-Sheng & Zhang, Yue, 2017. "Cost reduction through operations reversal," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 100-112.
- V. Daniel R. Guide , Jr. & Gilvan C. Souza & Luk N. Van Wassenhove & Joseph D. Blackburn, 2006. "Time Value of Commercial Product Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(8), pages 1200-1214, August.
- Zhu, Wanshan & Wu, Zhengping, 2014. "The stochastic ordering of mean-preserving transformations and its applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 802-809.
- Ananth V. Iyer & Apurva Jain, 2004. "Modeling the Impact of Merging Capacity in Production-Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1082-1094, August.
- Sanajian, Nima & BalcIog[small tilde]lu, BarIs, 2009. "The impact of production time variability on make-to-stock queue performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(3), pages 847-855, May.
- Jain, Apurva, 2007. "Value of capacity pooling in supply chains with heterogeneous customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 239-260, February.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1057_jors.2008.139 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsQueues with Multiple Arrival Processes; Retail Promotions; Stochastic Inventory/Production Systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:49:y:2003:i:7:p:890-906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.