A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andersson, Jonas & Jörnsten, Kurt & Nonås, Sigrid Lise & Sandal, Leif K. & Ubøe, Jan, 2011. "A maximum entropy approach to the newsvendor problem with partial information," Discussion Papers 2011/14, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jörnsten, Kurt & Lise Nonås, Sigrid & Sandal, Leif & Ubøe, Jan, 2012. "Transfer of risk in the newsvendor model with discrete demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 404-414.
- Yingjie Lan & Michael O. Ball & Itir Z. Karaesmen, 2011. "Regret in Overbooking and Fare-Class Allocation for Single Leg," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 194-208, December.
- Lin, Jun & Ng, Tsan Sheng, 2011. "Robust multi-market newsvendor models with interval demand data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 361-373, July.
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2010. "Robust Controls for Network Revenue Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 56-76, November.
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
- Sandal, Leif K. & Ubøe, Jan, 2012. "Stackelberg equilibria in a multiperiod vertical contracting model with uncertain and price-dependent demand," Discussion Papers 2012/2, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1020-:d:101487 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:270:y:2018:i:2:p:723-733 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:apjorx:v:34:y:2017:i:06:n:s0217595917500312 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:880-892 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fleischhacker, Adam J. & Fok, Pak-Wing, 2015. "On the relationship between entropy, demand uncertainty, and expected loss," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 623-628.
- Kamburowski, Jerzy, 2014. "The distribution-free newsboy problem under the worst-case and best-case scenarios," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 106-112.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:238:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1995-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tao Wang & Jian-sheng Chen & Ting Wang & Shuang Wang, 2015. "Entropy weight-set pair analysis based on tracer techniques for dam leakage investigation," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(2), pages 747-767, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNewsvendor model; Entropy; Partial information;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:228:y:2013:i:1:p:190-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.