Credit Default Swaps and Equity Prices: The Itraxx CDS Index Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clare, Andrew & Priestley, Richard, 2002.
"Calculating the probability of failure of the Norwegian banking sector,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 21-40, February.
- Andrew Clare & Richard Priestley, "undated". "Calculating the probability of failure of the Norwegian banking sector," CERF Discussion Paper Series 97-02, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Kwan, Simon H., 1996. "Firm-specific information and the correlation between individual stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- John Y. Campbell & Glen B. Taksler, 2002.
"Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields,"
NBER Working Papers
8961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Glen B. Taksler, 2002. "Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1945, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Campbell, John & Taksler, Glen, 2003. "Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields," Scholarly Articles 3153307, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Roberto Blanco & Simon Brennan & Ian W. Marsh, 2004.
"An empirical analysis of the dynamic relationship between investment grade bonds and credit default swaps,"
0401, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Roberto Blanco & Simon Brennan & Ian W Marsh, 2004. "An empirical analysis of the dynamic relationship between investment-grade bonds and credit default swaps," Bank of England working papers 211, Bank of England.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Hans Byström, 2003. "Merton for Dummies: A Flexible Way of Modelling Default Risk," Research Paper Series 112, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne, 2001. "The Determinants of Credit Spread Changes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2177-2207, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Ping & Moore, Tomoe, 2012. "The integration of the credit default swap markets during the US subprime crisis: Dynamic correlation analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-15.
- Haerri, Matthias & Morkoetter, Stefan & Westerfeld, Simone, 2014. "Sovereign Risk and the Pricing of Corporate Credit Default Swaps," Working Papers on Finance 1423, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Feb 2015.
- Alexander, Carol & Kaeck, Andreas, 2008. "Regime dependent determinants of credit default swap spreads," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1008-1021, June.
- Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr & Lambe, Brendan John, 2015. "Does economic policy uncertainty drive CDS spreads?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 447-458.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Linzert, Tobias, 2012.
"The effectiveness of monetary policy in steering money market rates during the financial crisis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 945-954.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Linzert, Tobias, 2012. "The effectiveness of monetary policy in steering money market rates during the financial crisis," Discussion Papers 14/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Carol Alexander & Andreas Kaeck, 2006. "Regimes in CDS Spreads: A Markov Switching Model of iTraxx Europe Indices," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2006-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Giovanni Calice & Christos Ioannidis & Julian Williams, 2011. "Credit Derivatives and the Default Risk of Large Complex Financial Institutions," CESifo Working Paper Series 3583, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kizys, Renatas & Paltalidis, Nikos & Vergos, Konstantinos, 2016. "The quest for banking stability in the euro area: The role of government interventions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 111-133.
- Lamia Bekkour & Thorsten Lehnert & Maria Chiara Amadari, 2011.
"The Relative Informational Efficiency of Stocks, Options and Credit Default Swaps,"
LSF Research Working Paper Series
11-04, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Lamia Bekkour & Thorsten Lehnert & Maria Chiara Amadori, 2011. "The Relative Informational Efficiency of Stocks, Options and Credit Default Swaps," LSF Research Working Paper Series 11-13, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Nephil Matangi Maskay, 2010. "Macro-Financial Links and Monetary Policy Management," Research Studies, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number rp78.
More about this item
Keywordscredit default swap index; stock market index; stock return volatility;
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2005-03-20 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2005_024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.