A Framework for Valuing Corporate Securities
We suggest a methodology for valuing corporate securities that allows the straightforward derivation of closed form solutions for complex capital structure scenarios. The tractability of the approach stems from its modularity - we provide a number of intuitive building blocks that are sufficient for valuation in most typical situations. A\ further advantage of our approach is that it makes economic interpretation far easier than what is typically possible with other approaches such as solving partial differential equations. As examples we consider a corporate coupon bond with discrete payments and debt subject to strategic debt service.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1995|
|Date of revision:||Oct 1998|
|Publication status:||Published in Applied Mathematical Finance, 1998, pages 143-163.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden|
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997.
" Strategic Debt Service,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 531-56, June.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Sundaresan, Suresh & Tychon, Pierre, 1996. "Strategic analysis of contingent claims," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 871-881, April.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Saa-Requejo, Jesus & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 1997.
"Bond Pricing with Default Risk,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt3w71g2ch, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Hsu, Jason C. & Saa-Requejo, Jesus & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 2003. "Bond Pricing with Default Risk," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt5bb1j39q, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1995. " A Simple Approach to Valuing Risky Fixed and Floating Rate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(3), pages 789-819, July.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Sundaresan, Suresh, 1996. "Design and Valuation of Debt Contracts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 37-68.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1994. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation Using Price Data Of The Derivative Contract," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 155-167.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0089. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.