Natural Resource use Conflict: Gold Mining in Tropical Rainforest in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Parks, Peter J., 2007. "Natural resource use conflict: gold mining in tropical rainforest in Ghana," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 55-72, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsikata, Fui S., 1997. "The vicissitudes of mineral policy in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 9-14, June.
- Jeffrey A. Krautkraemer, 1988. "The Cut-Off Grade and the Theory of Extraction," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 146-160, February.
- Fraser, Rob W., 1999. "An analysis of the Western Australian gold royalty," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- James Benhin & Edward Barbier, 2004. "Structural Adjustment Programme, Deforestation and Biodiversity Loss in Ghana," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 337-366, March.
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V., 1990. "Forest resource depletion, soil dynamics, and agricultural productivity in the tropics," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 136-154, March.
- Camille Bann, 1997. "An Economic Analysis of Tropical Forest Land Use Options, Ratanakiri Province, Cambodia," EEPSEA Research Report rr1997112, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Nov 1997.
- Löfgren, Åsa, 2003. "Habit Formation in the Environmental Quality: Dynamic Optimal Environmental Taxation," Working Papers in Economics 92, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Doherty, Neil A & Posey, Lisa Lipowski, 1997. "Availability Crises in Insurance Markets: Optimal Contracts with Asymmetric Information and Capacity Constraints," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 55-80, October.
- Addy, Samuel N, 1998. "Ghana: revival of the mineral sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 229-239, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Vondolia, Godwin K., 2012.
"Bioeconomic model of spatial fishery management in developing countries,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 145-161, April.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Vondolia, Godwin K., 2011. "Bioeconomic model of spatial fishery management in developing countries," Working Papers in Economics 490, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ousman Gajigo & Emelly Mutambatsere & Guirane Samba Ndiaye, 2012. "Working Paper 147 - Gold Mining in Africa-Maximizing Economic Returns for Countries," Working Paper Series 378, African Development Bank.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Worku T. Bitew, 2017. "Externalities and foreign capital in aquaculture production in developing countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 001, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:104-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Anders, Ekbom, 2010. "Bio-economics of Conservation Agriculture and Soil Carbon Sequestration in Developing Countries," Working Papers in Economics 431, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Elaine Lawson & Gloria Bentil, 2014. "Shifting sands: changes in community perceptions of mining in Ghana," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 217-238, February.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal taxation; Efficiency; Externality; Dynamic analysis; Firm behaviour;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-11-05 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-11-05 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-11-05 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.