Natural Resource use Conflict: Gold Mining in Tropical Rainforest in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Parks, Peter J., 2007. "Natural resource use conflict: gold mining in tropical rainforest in Ghana," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 55-72, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsikata, Fui S., 1997. "The vicissitudes of mineral policy in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 9-14, June.
- Jeffrey A. Krautkraemer, 1988. "The Cut-Off Grade and the Theory of Extraction," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 146-160, February.
- Fraser, Rob W., 1999. "An analysis of the Western Australian gold royalty," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- James Benhin & Edward Barbier, 2004. "Structural Adjustment Programme, Deforestation and Biodiversity Loss in Ghana," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 337-366, March.
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V., 1990. "Forest resource depletion, soil dynamics, and agricultural productivity in the tropics," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 136-154, March.
- Camille Bann, 1997. "An Economic Analysis of Tropical Forest Land Use Options, Ratanakiri Province, Cambodia," EEPSEA Research Report rr1997112, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Nov 1997.
- Löfgren, Åsa, 2003. "Habit Formation in the Environmental Quality: Dynamic Optimal Environmental Taxation," Working Papers in Economics 92, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Doherty, Neil A & Posey, Lisa Lipowski, 1997. "Availability Crises in Insurance Markets: Optimal Contracts with Asymmetric Information and Capacity Constraints," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 55-80, October.
- Addy, Samuel N, 1998. "Ghana: revival of the mineral sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 229-239, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Vondolia, Godwin K., 2012.
"Bioeconomic model of spatial fishery management in developing countries,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 145-161, April.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Vondolia, Godwin K., 2011. "Bioeconomic model of spatial fishery management in developing countries," Working Papers in Economics 490, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ousman Gajigo & Emelly Mutambatsere & Guirane Samba Ndiaye, 2012. "Working Paper 147 - Gold Mining in Africa-Maximizing Economic Returns for Countries," Working Paper Series 378, African Development Bank.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Worku T. Bitew, 2017. "Externalities and foreign capital in aquaculture production in developing countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 001, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:104-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Anders, Ekbom, 2010. "Bio-economics of Conservation Agriculture and Soil Carbon Sequestration in Developing Countries," Working Papers in Economics 431, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Elaine Lawson & Gloria Bentil, 2014. "Shifting sands: changes in community perceptions of mining in Ghana," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 217-238, February.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal taxation; Efficiency; Externality; Dynamic analysis; Firm behaviour;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-11-05 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-11-05 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-11-05 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .