Report NEP-AFR-2005-11-05This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- T. Paul Schultz, 2003. "Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education," Working Papers 875, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Almuth Scholl, 2005. "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-054, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2005.
- Brahima Coulibaly, 2005. "Effects of financial autarky and integration: the case of the South Africa embargo," International Finance Discussion Papers 839, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2005.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Can Macroeconomic Policy Stimulate Private Investment in South Africa? New Insights from Aggregate and Manufacturing Sector-Level Evidence," Working Papers wp106, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alemayehu Geda & Niek de Jong & Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Germano Mwabu, 2005. "Determinants of Poverty in Kenya: A Household Level Analysis," Working papers 2005-44, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Gustav Ranis, 2004. "The Evolution of Development Thinking: Theory and Policy," Working Papers 886, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- James Heintz, 2005. "Employment, Poverty, and Gender in Ghana," Working Papers wp92, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Harounan Kaziango, 2004. "Motives for Household Private Transfers in Burkina Faso," Working Papers 895, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Robert E. Evenson, 2003. "GMOs: Prospects for Increased Crop Productivity in Developing Countries," Working Papers 878, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Female Schooling, Non-Market Productivity, and Labor Market Participation in Nigeria," Working Papers 879, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Working Papers 890, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Parks, Peter J., 2005. "Natural Resource use Conflict: Gold Mining in Tropical Rainforest in Ghana," Working Papers in Economics 182, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Rob Vos & Arjun Bedi & Paul K. Kimalu & Damiano K. Manda & Nancy N. Nafula & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2004. "Achieving Universal Primary Education: Can Kenya Afford it?," Working papers 2004-47, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Lasserre & Jean-Paul Moatti & Antoine Soubeyran, 2005. "Early Initiation of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapies for Aids: Dynamic choice with Endogenous and Exogenous Learning," CIRANO Working Papers 2005s-34, CIRANO.
- Christopher Udry & Timothy G. Conley, 2004. "Social Networks in Ghana," Working Papers 888, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Angelica E. Njuguna & Stephen N. Karingi & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2005. "Measuring Potential Output and Output Gap and Macroeconomic Policy: The Case of Kenya," Working papers 2005-45, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.