Potential Rent and Overcapacity in the Swedish Baltic Sea Trawl Fishery
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robidoux, B. & Lester, J., 1988. "Econometric Estimates Of Scale Economies In Canadian Manufacturing," Working Papers-Department of Finance Canada 1988-4, Department of Finance Canada.
- Håkan Eggert & Peter Martinsson, 2004. "Are Commercial Fishers Risk-Lovers?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Quinn Weninger, 1998.
"Assessing Efficiency Gains from Individual Transferable Quotas: An Application to the Mid-Atlantic Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Fishery,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 750-764.
- Weninger, Quinn, 1998. "Assessing Efficiency Gains From Individual Transferable Quotas: An Application to the Mid-Atlantic Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Fishery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5065, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Quinn Weninger, 2000.
"Buyback programs in commercial fisheries:efficiency versus transfers,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 394-412, May.
- Weninger, Quinn & McConnell, K. E., 2000. "Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: Efficiency Versus Transfers," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1834, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Håkan Eggert & Ragnar Tveteras, 2004.
"Stochastic Production and Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers' Gear Choices,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 199-212.
- Eggert, Hakan & Tveteras, Ragnar, 2001. "Stochastic Production And Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers' Gear Choice," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20671, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Eggert, Håkan & Tveterås, Ragnar, 2001. "Stochastic Production and Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers’ Gear Choices," Working Papers in Economics 54, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Scott C. Matulich & Murat Sever, 1999. "Reconsidering the Initial Allocation of ITQs: The Search for a Pareto-Safe Allocation between Fishing and Processing Sectors," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 203-219.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003.
"Economic benefits of management reform in the northern Gulf of Mexico reef fish fishery,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Fishery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-676, August.
- Wilen, James E., 2000. "Renewable Resource Economists and Policy: What Differences Have We Made?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 306-327, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sigbjorn Tveteras & Carlos Paredes & Julio Peña, 2011. "Individual Fishing Quotas in Peru: Stopping the Race for Anchovies," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv263, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Håkan Eggert & Ragnar Tveterås, 2013.
"Productivity development in Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish fisheries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 709-720, February.
- Håkan Eggert & Ragnar Tveteras, 2011. "Productivity Development in Icelandic, Norwegian, and Swedish Fisheries," Post-Print hal-00741506, HAL.
- Christine Roeckmann & Uwe A. Schneider & Michael A. St.John & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "Rebuilding the Eastern Baltic cod stock under environmental change - Part II: The economic viability of a marine protected area," Working Papers FNU-106, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised May 2006.
- Gianluigi Coppola & Monica Gambino & Alfonso Pellecchia & Dario Pinello & Evelina Carmen Sabatella, 2015. "Modelling The Technology Of Commercial Fishing Vessel In Italy: A Cost Function Approach," 2015 EAFE (European Association of Fisheries Economists) Conference Papers 017, Nisea.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Goran & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2011. "Optimal Management of Invasive Species with Different Reproduction and Survival Strategies," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114343, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Trond Bjørndal & Daniel Gordon & Mintewab Bezabih, 2012. "Measuring potential profits in a bioeconomic model of the mixed demersal fishery in the North Sea," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 147-166, July.
- Sean Pascoe & Simon Vieira & Catherine M. Dichmont & André E. Punt, 2011.
"Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 107-125, January.
- Pascoe, Sean & Vieira, Simon & Dichmont, Catherine M. & Punt, Andre´ E., 2011. "Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-19.
More about this item
Keywordscost function; efficiency gains; individual vessel quotas; Swedish fisheries;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.