The Endogeneity of the Natural Rate of Growth – an Empirical Study for Latin-American Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lena Vogel, 2009. "The endogeneity of the natural rate of growth - an empirical study for Latin-American countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 41-53.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1997. "On Modelling the Long Run in Applied Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 169-177, January.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1992. "On Weak Exogeneity in Error Correction Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(2), pages 187-207, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Miguel A. LeÛn-Ledesma & A. P. Thirlwall, 2002. "The endogeneity of the natural rate of growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 441-459, July.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixon, R & Thirlwall, A P, 1975. "A Model of Regional Growth-Rate Differences on Kaldorian Lines," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, March.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kevin S. Nell & A.P. Thirlwall, 2017.
"Why does the productivity of investment vary across countries?,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 70(282), pages 213-245.
- Kevin S. Nell & A.P. Thirlwall, 2017. "Why Does the Productivity of Investment Vary Across Countries?," Studies in Economics 1703, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Sasaki, Hiroaki, 2010.
"Endogenous technological change, income distribution, and unemployment with inter-class conflict,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 123-134, May.
- Hiroaki SASAKI, 2009. "Endogenous Technological Change, Income Distribution, and Unemployment with Inter-Class Conflict," TERG Discussion Papers 245, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2014.
"The balance of payments-constrained growth rate and the natural rate of growth: new empirical evidence,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 817-838.
- Lanzafame, Matteo, 2011. "The balance of payments constrained growth rate and the natural rate of growth: new empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 33130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuele Millemaci & Ferdinando Ofria, 2014.
"Kaldor-Verdoorn's law and increasing returns to scale: A comparison across developed countries,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 140-162, January.
- Ofria, Ferdinando & Millemaci, Emanuele, 2010. "Kaldor-Verdoorn’s law and increasing returns to scale: a comparison across developed countries," MPRA Paper 30941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuele Millemaci & Ferdinando Ofria, 2012. "Kaldor-Verdoorn's Law and Increasing Returns to Scale: A Comparison Across Developed Countries," Working Papers 2012.92, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2013. "Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15208.
- Senay Acikgoz & Merter Mert, 2010. "The Endogeneity of the Natural Rate of Growth: An Application to Turkey," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(4), pages 447-469, December.
- Sasaki, Hiroaki, 2012.
"Is the long-run equilibrium wage-led or profit-led? A Kaleckian approach,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 231-244.
- Hiroaki Sasaki, 2011. "Is the Long-run Equilibrium Wage-led or Profit-led? A Kaleckian Approach," Discussion papers e-11-002, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Miguel A. León-Ledesma & Matteo Lanzafame, 2010. "The Endogenous Nature of the ‘Natural’ Rate of Growth," Chapters,in: Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Growth, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:psl:moneta:2017:31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Molerés-Regalado, Estefanía. & Perrotini-Hernández, Ignacio., 2013. "On Harrod’s Natural Rate of Growth and the Role of Demand: an Empirical Assessment," Panorama Económico, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(16), pages 29-49, primer se.
- Fortuno-Hernández, Josefa Carolina. & Landa-Díaz, Heri Óscar., 2014. "Gasto público, inversión y crecimiento en México , 1980-2014," Panorama Económico, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(19), pages 33-52, segundo s.
- Senay, Acikgöz & Mert, Merter, 2015. "The endogeneity of the natural rate of growth: An alternative approach," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-2, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsNatural rate of growth; actual rate of growth; endogeneity; Granger causality; Latin America;
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-04-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DEV-2007-04-28 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2007-04-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hep:macppr:200704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulrich Fritsche). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dwuhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.