Arrivals of Tourists in Cyprus: Mind the Web Search Intensity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sofronis Clerides & Nicoletta Pashourtidou, 2007. "Tourism in Cyprus: Recent Trends and Lessons from the Tourist Satisfaction Survey," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 1(2), pages 51-72, December.
- Theologos Dergiades & Costas Milas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2015.
"Tweets, Google trends, and sovereign spreads in the GIIPS,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 406-432.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Milas, Costas & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2013. "Tweets, Google trends and sovereign spreads in the GIIPS," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54405, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Theologos Dergiades & Costas Milas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2014. "Tweets, Google Trends and Sovereign Spreads in the GIIPS," Discussion Paper Series 2014_04, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jun 2014.
- Theologos Dergiades & Costas Milas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2013. "Tweets, Google Trends and Sovereign Spreads in the GIIPS," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 78, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:181-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Geoffrey Peter, 2012. "Google Internet search activity and volatility prediction in the market for foreign currency," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 103-110.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides, 2010.
"Prospects and Limits of Tourism-Led Growth: The International Evidence,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 2(3), pages 287-303, September.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides, 2009. "Prospects and Limits of Tourism-Led Growth: The International Evidence," Working Paper series 41_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:454-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eli Beracha & M. Babajide Wintoki, 2013. "Forecasting Residential Real Estate Price Changes from Online Search Activity," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 35(3), pages 283-312.
- Song, Haiyan & Witt, Stephen F. & Jensen, Thomas C., 2003. "Tourism forecasting: accuracy of alternative econometric models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 123-141.
- Martin, Christine A. & Witt, Stephen F., 1989. "Forecasting tourism demand: A comparison of the accuracy of several quantitative methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-19.
- Zhi Da & Joseph Engelberg & Pengjie Gao, 2011. "In Search of Attention," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(5), pages 1461-1499, October.
- Hyunyoung Choi & Hal Varian, 2012. "Predicting the Present with Google Trends," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(s1), pages 2-9, June.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:1:p:88-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph, Kissan & Babajide Wintoki, M. & Zhang, Zelin, 2011. "Forecasting abnormal stock returns and trading volume using investor sentiment: Evidence from online search," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1116-1127, October.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:386-397 is not listed on IDEAS
- Breitung, Jorg & Candelon, Bertrand, 2006. "Testing for short- and long-run causality: A frequency-domain approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 363-378, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Hatgioannides & Marika Karanassou & Hector Sala & Menelaos Karanasos & Panagiotis Koutroumpis, 2017. "The Legacy of a Fractured Eurozone: the Greek Dra(ch)ma," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 115, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2017-03-19 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2017-03-19 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hel:greese:107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassilis Monastiriotis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .