Accounting for changes in biodiversity and ecosystem services from a business perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Depres & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2008.
"Contracting for Environmental Property Rights: The Case of Vittel,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 412-434, August.
- Depres, Christophe & Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2005. "Contracting for Environmental Property Rights: The Case of Vittel," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24729, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Werther, William Jr. & Chandler, David, 2005. "Strategic corporate social responsibility as global brand insurance," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 317-324.
- Chiesura, Anna & de Groot, Rudolf, 2003. "Critical natural capital: a socio-cultural perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 219-231, March.
- Dunford, Richard W. & Ginn, Thomas C. & Desvousges, William H., 2004. "The use of habitat equivalency analysis in natural resource damage assessments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 49-70, January.
- Joël Houdet & Michel Trommetter & Jacques Weber, 2009. "Changing business perceptions regarding biodiversity: from impact mitigation towards new strategies and practices," Working Papers hal-00412875, HAL.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Eder, Peter & Narodoslawsky, Michael, 1999. "What environmental pressures are a region's industries responsible for? A method of analysis with descriptive indices and input-output models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 359-374, June.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2007. "Local compensation payments for agri-environmental externalities: a panel data analysis of bargaining outcomes," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(3), pages 295-320, September.
- Brand, Fridolin, 2009. "Critical natural capital revisited: Ecological resilience and sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 605-612, January.
- Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K., 2007. "Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 245-252, December.
- Smith, Robert, 2007. "Development of the SEEA 2003 and its implementation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 592-599, March.
- Barbara Aretino & Paula Holland & Anna Matysek & Deborah Peterson, 2001. "Cost Sharing for Biodiversity Conservation: A Conceptual Framework," Others 0105001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cho, Charles H. & Patten, Dennis M., 2007. "The role of environmental disclosures as tools of legitimacy: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 639-647.
- Deutsch, Lisa & Folke, Carl & Skanberg, Kristian, 2003. "The critical natural capital of ecosystem performance as insurance for human well-being," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 205-217, March.
- Fisher, Brendan & Turner, R. Kerry & Morling, Paul, 2009. "Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 643-653, January.
- Goldman, Rebecca L. & Thompson, Barton H. & Daily, Gretchen C., 2007. "Institutional incentives for managing the landscape: Inducing cooperation for the production of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 333-343, December.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M. & Verbruggen, Harmen, 1999. "Spatial sustainability, trade and indicators: an evaluation of the 'ecological footprint'," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 61-72, April.
- Harold Hotelling, 1931. "The Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 137-137.
- Bhimani, Alnoor & Soonawalla, Kazbi, 2005. "From conformance to performance: The corporate responsibilities continuum," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 165-174.
- Zhang, Wei & Ricketts, Taylor H. & Kremen, Claire & Carney, Karen & Swinton, Scott M., 2007. "Ecosystem services and dis-services to agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 253-260, December.
- Boyd, James, 2007.
"Nonmarket benefits of nature: What should be counted in green GDP?,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 716-723, March.
- Boyd, James W., 2006. "The Non-Market Benefits of Nature: What Should Be Counted in Green GDP?," Discussion Papers dp-06-24, Resources For the Future.
- José M. Moneva & Pablo Archel & Carmen Correa, 2006. "GRI and the camouflaging of corporate unsustainability," Accounting Forum, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 121-137, June.
- Douguet, Jean-Marc & O'Connor, Martin, 2003. "Maintaining the integrity of the French terroir: a study of critical natural capital in its cultural context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 233-254, March.
- Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel & Morard, Bernard, 1993. "The impact of corporate pollution on market valuation: some empirical evidence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 135-155, October.
- Weber, Jean-Louis, 2007. "Implementation of land and ecosystem accounts at the European Environment Agency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 695-707, March.
- Iftikhar, U.A. & Kallesoe, M. & Duraiappah, A. & Sriskanthan, G. & Poats, S.V. & Swallow, B., 2007. "Exploring the inter-linkages among and between compensation and rewards for ecosystem services (CRES) and human well-being," Working Papers b14956, World Agroforestry Centre, Library Department.
- Ekins, Paul & Simon, Sandrine & Deutsch, Lisa & Folke, Carl & De Groot, Rudolf, 2003. "A framework for the practical application of the concepts of critical natural capital and strong sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 165-185, March.
- Aretino, Barbara & Holland, Paula & Matysek, Anna & Peterson, Deborah C., 2001. "Cost Sharing for Biodiversity Conservation: A Conceptual Framework," Staff Research Papers 31915, Productivity Commission.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houdet, Joël & Trommetter, Michel & Weber, Jacques, 2012.
"Understanding changes in business strategies regarding biodiversity and ecosystem services,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 37-46.
- Joël Houdet & Michel Trommetter & Jacques Weber, 2012. "Understanding changes in business strategies regarding biodiversity and ecosystem services," Post-Print hal-02650913, HAL.
- Jean-Marc Douguet & Martin O 'Connor & Jean-Pierre Doussoulin & Philippe Lanceleur & Karine Philippot, 2014. "L'Empreinte Écologique Du Parc Naturel De La Haute Vallée De Chevreuse : Du Concept À La Construction De L'Outil," Working Papers hal-01243385, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsreporting; financial accounting; management accounting; biodiversity accountability framework; Accounting; business; biodiversity; ecosystem services; indicators; corporate social responsibility; standards; biodiversity accountability framework.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00434450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.