Infrastructure maintenance, regeneration and service quality economics: A rail example
An earlier draft of 6th October 2010 by Gaudry and Quinet, entitled Optimisation de l’entretien et de la régénération d’une infrastructure: exploration d’hypothèses, benefitted from comments by Bernard Caillaud and Matthieu de Lapparent and was presented without econometric tests at the Kuhmo Nectar Conference on Transportation Economics in Stockholm on 1st July 2011 under the title “Joint optimization of continuous maintenance and periodic renewal”. The authors thank Marc Antoni, Richard Arnott, David Meunier and Yves Puttalaz for discussions or comments, Cong-Liem Tran for computing assistance and are grateful to Société nationale des chemins de fer français (SNCF) for financial support and for allowing inclusion in this version of estimates based on databases constructed by Michel Ikonomov and Pascaline Boyer. Exploratory estimates obtained from fixed form regression specifications were presented at the Kuhmo Nectar Conference on Transportation Economics in Berlin on 21st June 2012 through David Meunier’s good offices.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2015|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00559637v3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andersson, Mats & Smith, Andrew & Wikberg, Åsa & Wheat, Phill, 2012. "Estimating the marginal cost of railway track renewals using corner solution models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 954-964.
- Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Blum, Ulrich C. H., 1988. "An example of correlation among residuals in directly ordered data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 335-340.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988.
"Spatially Autocorrected Errors In Origin-Destination Models A New Specification Applied To Aggregate Mode Choice,"
Cahiers de recherche
8811, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bolduc, Denis & Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I., 1989. "Spatially autocorrelated errors in origin-destination models: A new specification applied to aggregate mode choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 361-372, October.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M.G. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988. "Spatially Autocorrected Errors in Origin-Destination Models a New Specification Applied to Aggregate Mode Choice," Cahiers de recherche 8811, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Cho, Jin Seo & Ishida, Isao, 2012. "Testing for the effects of omitted power transformations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 287-290.
- Andersson, Mats & Björklund, Gunilla, 2012. "Marginal railway track renewal costs: a survival data approach," Working papers in Transport Economics 2012:29, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Marc Gaudry & Ulrich Blum & Tran Liem, 2000. "Tie Turning Box-Cox including Quadratic Forms in Regression," Working Papers of BETA 2000-13, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Towards an Economic Theory of Replacement Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 393-423, May.
- Friesz, Terry L. & Enrique Fernandez, J., 1979. "A model of optimal transport maintenance with demand responsiveness," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 317-339, December.
- Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Liem, Tran Cong, 1987. "Urban travel demand: The impact of Box-Cox transformations with nonspherical residual errors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 443-477, December.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Dagenais, Marcel G., 1979. "Heteroscedasticity and the use of Box-Cox transformations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-229.
- Gu, Weihua & Ouyang, Yanfeng & Madanat, Samer, 2012. "Joint optimization of pavement maintenance and resurfacing planning," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 511-519.
- Richard Arnott & Russell Davidson & David Pines, 1983. "Housing Quality, Maintenance and Rehabilitation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 467-494.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00559637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.