Infrastructure maintenance, regeneration and service quality economics: A rail example
An earlier draft of 6th October 2010 by Gaudry and Quinet, entitled Optimisation de l’entretien et de la régénération d’une infrastructure: exploration d’hypothèses, benefitted from comments by Bernard Caillaud and Matthieu de Lapparent and was presented without econometric tests at the Kuhmo Nectar Conference on Transportation Economics in Stockholm on 1st July 2011 under the title “Joint optimization of continuous maintenance and periodic renewal”. The authors thank Marc Antoni, Richard Arnott, David Meunier and Yves Puttalaz for discussions or comments, Cong-Liem Tran for computing assistance and are grateful to Société nationale des chemins de fer français (SNCF) for financial support and for allowing inclusion in this version of estimates based on databases constructed by Michel Ikonomov and Pascaline Boyer. Exploratory estimates obtained from fixed form regression specifications were presented at the Kuhmo Nectar Conference on Transportation Economics in Berlin on 21st June 2012 through David Meunier’s good offices.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2015|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00559637v3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feldstein, Martin S & Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Towards an Economic Theory of Replacement Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 393-423, May.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blum, U. & Bolduc, D. & Gaudry, M., 1990.
"From Correlation to Distributed Contiguities: a Family of Ar-C-D Autocorrelation Processes,"
Cahiers de recherche
9031, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Blum, U. & Bolduc, D. & Gaudry, M., 1990. "From Correlation To Distributed Contiguities: A Family Of Ar-C-D Autocorrelation Processes," Cahiers de recherche 9031, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bolduc, D. & Blum, U.C. & Gaudry, M.J., 1990. "From Correlation To Distributed Contiguities: A Family of AR-C-D Autocorrelation Processes," Cahiers de recherche 9019, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Marc Gaudry & Ulrich Blum & Tran Liem, 2000. "Tie Turning Box-Cox including Quadratic Forms in Regression," Working Papers of BETA 2000-13, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Dagenais, Marcel G., 1979. "Heteroscedasticity and the use of Box-Cox transformations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-229.
- Richard Arnott & Russell Davidson & David Pines, 1983. "Housing Quality, Maintenance and Rehabilitation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 467-494.
- Bolduc, Denis & Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I., 1989. "Spatially autocorrelated errors in origin-destination models: A new specification applied to aggregate mode choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 361-372, October.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988. "Spatially Autocorrected Errors In Origin-Destination Models A New Specification Applied To Aggregate Mode Choice," Cahiers de recherche 8811, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M.G. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988. "Spatially Autocorrected Errors in Origin-Destination Models a New Specification Applied to Aggregate Mode Choice," Cahiers de recherche 8811, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Cho, Jin Seo & Ishida, Isao, 2012. "Testing for the effects of omitted power transformations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 287-290.
- Andersson, Mats & Smith, Andrew & Wikberg, Åsa & Wheat, Phill, 2012. "Estimating the marginal cost of railway track renewals using corner solution models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 954-964.
- Andersson, Mats & Björklund, Gunilla, 2012. "Marginal railway track renewal costs: a survival data approach," Working papers in Transport Economics 2012:29, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Gu, Weihua & Ouyang, Yanfeng & Madanat, Samer, 2012. "Joint optimization of pavement maintenance and resurfacing planning," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 511-519.
- Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Blum, Ulrich C. H., 1988. "An example of correlation among residuals in directly ordered data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 335-340.
- Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I. & Liem, Tran Cong, 1987. "Urban travel demand: The impact of Box-Cox transformations with nonspherical residual errors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 443-477, December.
- Friesz, Terry L. & Enrique Fernandez, J., 1979. "A model of optimal transport maintenance with demand responsiveness," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 317-339, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00559637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.