Payments for ecological restoration and rural labor migration in China: The Sloping Land Conversion Program in Ningxia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sylvie Démurger, 2011. "Payments for ecological restoration and rural labor migration in China: The Sloping Land Conversion Program in Ningxia," Post-Print halshs-00673808, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emi Uchida & Jintao Xu & Scott Rozelle, 2005. "Grain for Green: Cost-Effectiveness and Sustainability of China’s Conservation Set-Aside Program," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(2).
- Muñoz-Piña, Carlos & Guevara, Alejandro & Torres, Juan Manuel & Braña, Josefina, 2008. "Paying for the hydrological services of Mexico's forests: Analysis, negotiations and results," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 725-736, May.
- Joseph C. Cooper & C. Tim Osborn, 1998.
"The Effect of Rental Rates on the Extension of Conservation Reserve Program Contracts,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 184-194.
- Cooper, Joseph C. & Osborn, Tim, 1998. "The effect of rental rates on the extension of Conservation Reserve Program contracts," MPRA Paper 24781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joe Dewbre, 2006. "The Impact of Coupled and Decoupled Government Subsidies on Off-Farm Labor Participation of U.S. Farm Operators," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 393-408.
- Lei Zhang & Qin Tu & Arthur P. J. Mol, 2008. "Payment for Environmental Services: The Sloping Land Conversion Program in Ningxia Autonomous Region of China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(2), pages 66-81.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars, 2005. "Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2018.
- Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 663-674, May.
- Asquith, Nigel M. & Vargas, Maria Teresa & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Selling two environmental services: In-kind payments for bird habitat and watershed protection in Los Negros, Bolivia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 675-684, May.
- Bennett, Michael T., 2008. "China's sloping land conversion program: Institutional innovation or business as usual?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 699-711, May.
- Emi Uchida & Scott Rozelle & Jintao Xu, 2009.
"Conservation Payments, Liquidity Constraints, and Off-Farm Labor: Impact of the Grain-for-Green Program on Rural Households in China,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 70-86.
- Uchida, Emi & Rozelle, Scott & Xu, Jintao, 2007. "Conservation Payments, Liquidity Constraints and Off-Farm Labor: Impact of the Grain for Green Program on Rural Households in China," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9698, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dobbs, Thomas L. & Pretty, Jules, 2008. "Case study of agri-environmental payments: The United Kingdom," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 765-775, May.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1999. "Leaving the Countryside: Rural-to-Urban Migration Decisions in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 281-286, May.
- Resosudarmo, Budy P. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1996. "The impact of environmental policies on household incomes for different socio-economic classes: The case of air pollutants in Indonesia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 83-94, May.
- Zhong Zhao, 2005. "Migration, Labor Market Flexibility, and Wage Determination in China: A Review," Labor and Demography 0507009, EconWPA.
- Lawrence D. Mapemba & Francis M. Epplin & Charles M. Taliaferro & Raymond L. Huhnke, 2007. "Biorefinery Feedstock Production on Conservation Reserve Program Land," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 227-246.
- Ben Groom & Pauline Grosjean & Andreas Kontoleon & Tim Swanson & Shiqiu Zhang, 2008. "Relaxing Rural Constraints: a ‘Win-Win’ Policy for Poverty and Environment in China?," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 30.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Uchida, Emi & Xu, Jintao & Xu, Zhigang & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Are the poor benefiting from China's land conservation program?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 593-620, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gat:wpaper:1509 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Sai, Ding, 2014. "Mapping and Understanding Ethnic Disparities in Length of Schooling: The Case of Ningxia Autonomous Region, China," IZA Discussion Papers 8595, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsSloping Land Conversion Program; Labor migration; Policy evaluation; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00763147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .