Las maquiladores en Centroamérica. (Axe II, Symposium 6)
This paper has the objective to analyze the perspectives of the role that play the maquiladora (In bound industries) in Centroamérica as a lever of economic growth and social development in the region. After a brief historical review of the maquiladoras emergence en the Central America region, it is analyzed the context to underline the legal regime of temporal import and legal regime of managerial oriented free zone or fiscal precinct. Afterwards, it is analyzed the impacts that the maquiladoras have in the regional economic growth and employment generation under the variable of the Asian competence. After the discussion it is done the prospective to analyze the tendencies and finally it is offered in the recommendations several strategies, among which, springs up the promotion of the creation of maquiladoras tha go beyond to take advantage as a comparative advantage the cheap human power. The Centra America countries must design and implement strategies of diversification of maquiladora in industrial sectors that imply greater added value and technological innovation processes.
|Date of creation:||30 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Independencias - Dependencias - Interdependencias, VI Congreso CEISAL 2010, Jun 2010, Toulouse, France|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00503171|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Structural Reforms: Evidence from Eastern Europe and Latin America,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nauro Campos & Yuko Kinoshita, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Structural Reforms: Evidence from Eastern Europe and Latin America," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp906, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yuko Kinoshita & Nauro F. Campos, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Structural Reforms; Evidence from Eastern Europe and Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/26, International Monetary Fund.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Structural Reforms: Evidence from Eastern Europe and Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 3332, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pol Antràs, 2003.
"Firms, Contracts, and Trade Structure,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1375-1418.
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2007.
"Foreign Capital and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
13619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alain Lipietz, 1997. "El mundo del postfordismo," ENSAYOS DE ECONOMÍA 009504, UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA SEDE MEDELLIN.
- Bengoa, Marta & Sanchez-Robles, Blanca, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and growth: new evidence from Latin America," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 529-545, September.
- Ayhan Kose & Kenneth Rogoff & Eswar S Prasad & Shang-Jin Wei, 2003. "Effects of Financial Globalization on Developing Countries; Some Empirical Evidence," IMF Occasional Papers 220, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00503171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.