The central government grant allocation problem in the presence of misrepresentation and cheating
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Guy Gilbert & Yvon Rocaboy, 2004. "The central government grant allocation problem in the presence of misrepresentation and cheating," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 137-147, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levaggi, Rosella & Smith, Peter, 1994. "On the Intergovernmental Fiscal Game," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 49(1), pages 72-86.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1990. "Cheating the Government: The Economics of Evasion," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532484, March.
- Helmuth Cremer & Maurice Marchand & Pierre Pestieau, 1996.
"Interregional redistribution through tax surcharge,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(2), pages 157-173, May.
- CREMER, Helmuth & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1994. "Interregional Reditribution through Tax Surcharge," CORE Discussion Papers 1994069, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P., 1996. "Interregional redistribution through tax surcharge," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1218, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gilbert, Guy & Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Incentives and optimal size of local jurisdictions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 19-41, January.
- Tracy Snoddon & Jean-François Wen, 2003. "Grants structure in an intergovernmental fiscal game," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 115-126, August.
- M M Barrow, 1989. "Local authority responses to grants: different types of response and equilibrium," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 7(3), pages 313-320, June.
- M M Barrow, 1986. "Central grants to local governments: a game theoretic approach," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 4(2), pages 155-164, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Özgür Kıbrıs & İpek Tapkı, 2014. "A mechanism design approach to allocating central government funds among regional development agencies," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 18(3), pages 163-189, September.
- Ivo Bischoff & Frédéric Blaeschke, 2013. "Incentives and Influence Activities in the Public Sector: the Trade-off in Performance Budgeting and Conditional Grants," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201320, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Ivo Bischoff & Frédéric Blaeschke, 2012. "Window-Dressing and Lobbying in Performance-Budgeting: a Model for the Public Sector," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201212, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bischoff, Ivo, 2008. "Conditional Grants, Grant-Seeking and Welfare when there is Government Failure on the Subordinate Level," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-031, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsauditing procedures; matching grant; lump-sum grant; public goods; local governments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00068990. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.