The social and financial performance of Microfinance institutions in the MENA region: Do Islamic institutions perform better?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ines Ben Abdelkader & Asma Ben Salem, 2013. "Islamic vs Conventional Microfinance Institutions: Performance analysis in MENA countries," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 3(5), pages 218-233, May.
- Philippe Adair & Imène Berguiga, 2015. "The interest rates and performance of MFIs in the MENA region: is there a moral issue?," Post-Print hal-01667342, HAL.
- Philippe Adair & Imene Berguiga, 2014. "How do social performance and financial performance of microfinance institutions interact: A panel data study upon the MENA region (1998-2011)," Post-Print hal-01667328, HAL.
- Ahmed, Habib, 2002. "Financing Microenterprises: An Analytical Study Of Islamic Microfinance Institutions," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 9, pages 28-64.
- Philippe ADAIR & Imène BERGUIGA, 2010. "Les Facteurs Déterminants De La Performance Sociale Et De La Performance Financière Des Institutions De Microfinance Dans La Région Mena : Une Analyse En Coupe Instantanée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 32, pages 91-120.
More about this item
KeywordsConventional Microfinance; Financial performance; Islamic Microfinance; MENA region; Panel data; Social performance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-01-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2018-01-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MFD-2018-01-22 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01667406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.