The interest rates and performance of MFIs in the MENA region: is there a moral issue?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Hartarska & Denis Nadolnyak, 2007. "Do regulated microfinance institutions achieve better sustainability and outreach? Cross-country evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1207-1222.
- Marek Hudon, 2007. "Fair interest rates when lending to the poor," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14204, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2009. "Microfinance Meets the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 167-192, Winter.
- Pablo Cotler & Deyanira Almazan, 2010. "The Lending Interest Rates in the Microfinance Sector: Searching for its Determinants," Working Papers 0110, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Adair & Imene Berguiga, 2014. "How do social performance and financial performance of microfinance institutions interact: A panel data study upon the MENA region (1998-2011)," Post-Print hal-01667328, HAL.
- Esubalew Assefa & Niels Hermes & Aljar Meesters, 2013. "Competition and the performance of microfinance institutions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(9), pages 767-782, May.
- Angelini, Paolo & Cetorelli, Nicola, 2003. " The Effects of Regulatory Reform on Competition in the Banking Industry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 663-684, October.
- Joanna Ledgerwood, 1998. "Microfinance Handbook: An Institutional and Financial Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12383, November.
- Philippe ADAIR & Imène BERGUIGA, 2010. "Les Facteurs Déterminants De La Performance Sociale Et De La Performance Financière Des Institutions De Microfinance Dans La Région Mena : Une Analyse En Coupe Instantanée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 32, pages 91-120.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Adair & Imene Berguiga, 2017. "What Determines Premium of MFIs in the Mena Region? A Panel Data Analysis (2004- 2014)," Post-Print hal-01667346, HAL.
- Imène Berguiga & Yosra Said & Philippe Adair, 2017. "The social and financial performance of Microfinance institutions in the MENA region: Do Islamic institutions perform better?," Post-Print hal-01667406, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance institutions; MENA; interest rates; costs; performance; multivariate analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01667342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .