The interest rates and performance of MFIs in the MENA region: is there a moral issue?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Hartarska & Denis Nadolnyak, 2007. "Do regulated microfinance institutions achieve better sustainability and outreach? Cross-country evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1207-1222.
- Marek Hudon, 2007. "Fair interest rates when lending to the poor," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14204, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2009. "Microfinance Meets the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 167-192, Winter.
- Pablo Cotler & Deyanira Almazan, 2010. "The Lending Interest Rates in the Microfinance Sector: Searching for its Determinants," Working Papers 0110, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Adair & Imene Berguiga, 2014. "How do social performance and financial performance of microfinance institutions interact: A panel data study upon the MENA region (1998-2011)," Post-Print hal-01667328, HAL.
- Esubalew Assefa & Niels Hermes & Aljar Meesters, 2013. "Competition and the performance of microfinance institutions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(9), pages 767-782, May.
- Angelini, Paolo & Cetorelli, Nicola, 2003. " The Effects of Regulatory Reform on Competition in the Banking Industry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 663-684, October.
- Joanna Ledgerwood, 1998. "Microfinance Handbook: An Institutional and Financial Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12383, September.
- Philippe ADAIR & Imène BERGUIGA, 2010. "Les Facteurs Déterminants De La Performance Sociale Et De La Performance Financière Des Institutions De Microfinance Dans La Région Mena : Une Analyse En Coupe Instantanée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 32, pages 91-120.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Adair & Imene Berguiga, 2017. "What Determines Premium of MFIs in the Mena Region? A Panel Data Analysis (2004- 2014)," Post-Print hal-01667346, HAL.
- Imène Berguiga & Yosra Said & Philippe Adair, 2017. "The social and financial performance of Microfinance institutions in the MENA region: Do Islamic institutions perform better?," Post-Print hal-01667406, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance institutions; MENA; interest rates; costs; performance; multivariate analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01667342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.