From Business model to Business model portfolio in the european biopharmaceutical industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Hopkins, Michael M. & Martin, Paul A. & Nightingale, Paul & Kraft, Alison & Mahdi, Surya, 2007. "The myth of the biotech revolution: An assessment of technological, clinical and organisational change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 566-589, May.
- Mowery, David C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N. & Ziedonis, Arvids A., 2001. "The growth of patenting and licensing by U.S. universities: an assessment of the effects of the Bayh-Dole act of 1980," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 99-119, January.
- Rodolphe Durand & Olga Bruyaka & Vincent Mangematin, 2008. "Do science and money go together? The case of the French biotech industry," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(12), pages 1281-1299, December.
- Rodolphe Durand & Olga Bruyaka & Vincent Mangematin, 2008. "Do Science and Money Go Together? The Case of the French Biotech Industry," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00422650, HAL.
- Henrik Berglund, 2007. "Risk Conception And Risk Management In Corporate Innovation: Lessons From Two Swedish Cases," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(04), pages 497-513.
- Ufuah, Allan N & Utterback, James M, 1997. "Responding to Structural Industry Changes: A Technological Evolution Perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 183-202.
- Niosi, Jorge, 2003. "Alliances are not enough explaining rapid growth in biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 737-750, May.
- Casper, Steven, 2007. "How do technology clusters emerge and become sustainable?: Social network formation and inter-firm mobility within the San Diego biotechnology cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 438-455, May.
- Rodolphe Durand & Olga Bruyaka & Vincent Mangematin, 2008. "Do Science and Money Go Together? The Case of the French Biotech Industry," Post-Print hal-00422650, HAL.
- Teece, David J. & Rumelt, Richard & Dosi, Giovanni & Winter, Sidney, 1994. "Understanding corporate coherence : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Andrew M. Pettigrew, 1990. "Longitudinal Field Research on Change: Theory and Practice," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, August.
- Dunk, Alan S. & Kilgore, Alan, 2001. "Short-term R&D bias, competition on cost rather than innovation, and time to market," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 409-420, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malin MalmstrÃ¶m & Jeaneth Johansson & Joakim Wincent, 2015. "Cognitive Constructions of Lowâ€“Profit and Highâ€“Profit Business Models: A Repertory Grid Study of Serial Entrepreneurs," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 39(5), pages 1083-1109, September.
- Raphaël Maucuer & Alexandre Renaud, 2019. "Company's Business Models and NGOs: Inputs from the Partnerships Portfolio," Post-Print hal-02403835, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kalle Pajunen & Joonas Järvinen, 2018. "To survive or succeed? An analysis of biotechnology firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 757-771, October.
- Andrea Setti, 2020. "Linking science-based firms with performance factors: An integrative systematic review of literature," International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 9(2), pages 09-42, March.
- Kwangsoo Shin & Minkyung Choy & Chul Lee & Gunno Park, 2019. "Government R&D Subsidy and Additionality of Biotechnology Firms: The Case of the South Korean Biotechnology Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-22, March.
- Coluccia, Daniela & Dabić, Marina & Del Giudice, Manlio & Fontana, Stefano & Solimene, Silvia, 2020. "R&D innovation indicator and its effects on the market. An empirical assessment from a financial perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 259-271.
- Isabelle Piot-Lepetit & Rozenn Perrigot & Gérard Cliquet, 2014. "Organizational form and efficiency of franchise chains," Post-Print halshs-01023719, HAL.
- Neffke, Frank M.H. & Otto, Anne & Weyh, Antje, 2017.
"Inter-industry labor flows,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 275-292.
- Neffke, Frank & Otto, Anne & Weyh, Antje, 2016. "Inter-industry labor flows," IAB Discussion Paper 201621, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Frank Neffke & Anne Otto & Antje Weyh, 2016. "Inter-industry labor flows," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1606, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2016.
- Frank Neffke & Anne Otto & Antje Weyh, 2016. "Inter-industry Labor Flows," CID Working Papers 72, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Fabio Sorrentino & Francesco Garraffo, 2012. "Explaining performing R&D through alliances: Implications for the business model of Italian dedicated biotech firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(3), pages 449-475, August.
- Sköld, Martin, 2008. "Knowledge Development Patterns In Radically New Product Architectures," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2008:8, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 18 Nov 2008.
- Davide Vannoni, 2000.
"The diversifield firm: non formal theories versus formal models,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2000(106).
- Davide Vannoni, 1998. "The diversified firm: non formal theories versus formal models," CERIS Working Paper 199806, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Giovanni Dosi & Luigi Marengo & Corrado Pasquali, 2010.
"How Much Should Society Fuel the Greed of Innovators? On the Relations between Appropriability, Opportunities and Rates of Innovation,"
Chapters, in: Riccardo Viale & Henry Etzkowitz (ed.), The Capitalization of Knowledge, chapter 4,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dosi, G. & Marengo, L. & Pasquali, C., 2006. "How much should society fuel the greed of innovators?: On the relations between appropriability, opportunities and rates of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1110-1121, October.
- Giovanni Dosi & Luigi Marengo & Corrado Pasquali, 2006. "How Much Should Society Fuel the Greed of Innovators? On the Relations between Appropriability, Opportunities and Rates of Innovation," LEM Papers Series 2006/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- DiVito, Lori, 2012. "Institutional entrepreneurship in constructing alternative paths: A comparison of biotech hybrids," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 884-896.
- Jason Li-Ying & Yuandi Wang & Lutao Ning, 2016. "How do dynamic capabilities transform external technologies into firms’ renewed technological resources? – A mediation model," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1009-1036, December.
- Gilding, Michael & Brennecke, Julia & Bunton, Vikki & Lusher, Dean & Molloy, Peter L. & Codoreanu, Alex, 2020. "Network failure: Biotechnology firms, clusters and collaborations far from the world superclusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(2).
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 51-127,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Xia Wang, 2005. "Technological Characteristics and R&D Alliance Form: Evidence from the U.S. Biotechnology Industry," Working papers 2005-35, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Hermann Achidi Ndofor & David G. Sirmon & Xiaoming He, 2015. "Utilizing the firm's resources: How TMT heterogeneity and resulting faultlines affect TMT tasks," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(11), pages 1656-1674, November.
- Sheng, Shibin & Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Lessassy, Leopold, 2013. "NPD speed vs. innovativeness: The contingent impact of institutional and market environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2355-2362.
- Raphael Greiner & Siah Ang, 2012. "Biotechnology collaborations: does business model matter?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(3), pages 377-392, August.
- Fábio de Oliveira Paula & Jorge Ferreira da Silva, 2018. "The impact of alliances and internal R&D on the firm’s innovation and financial performance," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 15(6), pages 533-550, November.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993.
"Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(3), pages 569-592.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993. "Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix," Post-Print hal-01393913, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsportfolio; Biopharmaceutical; corporate strategy; business strategy; core competence; coherence; value chain;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2010-11-06 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EUR-2010-11-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00430782. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.