Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusion
Using Malliavin calculus techniques, we derive an analytical formula for the price of European options, for any model including local volatility and Poisson jump process. We show that the accuracy of the formula depends on the smoothness of the payoff function. Our approach relies on an asymptotic expansion related to small diffusion and small jump frequency/size. Our formula has excellent accuracy (the error on implied Black-Scholes volatilities for call option is smaller than 2 bp for various strikes and maturities). Additionally, model calibration becomes very rapid.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Finance and Stochastics, 2009, 13, 4, 563-589|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00200395|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Rubinstein., 1994. "Implied Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-232, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1994. " Implied Binomial Trees," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 771-818, July.
- Bouchard, Bruno & Elie, Romuald, 2008. "Discrete-time approximation of decoupled Forward-Backward SDE with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 53-75, January.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Alan L. Lewis, 2000. "Option Valuation under Stochastic Volatility," Option Valuation under Stochastic Volatility, Finance Press, number ovsv, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00200395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.