A concise axiomatization of a Shapley-type value for stochastic coalition processes
The Shapley value is defined as the average marginal contribution of a player, taken over all possible ways to form the grand coalition N when one starts from the empty coalition and adds players one by one. In a previous paper, the authors have introduced an allocation scheme for a general model of coalition formation where the evolution of the coalition of active players is ruled by a Markov chain and need not finish with the grand coalition. This note provides an axiomatization which is weaker than the one in the original paper but allows a much more transparent correctness proof. Moreover, the logical independence of the axioms is proved.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 2013.52 - ISSN : 1955-611X. 2013|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00841259|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roth, Alvin E, 1980. "Values for Games without Sidepayments: Some Difficulties with Current Concepts," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 457-465, March.
- Shafer, Wayne J, 1980. "On the Existence and Interpretation of Value Allocation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 466-476, March.
- Ulrich Faigle & Michel Grabisch, 2012.
"Values for Markovian coalition processes,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 51(3), pages 505-538, November.
- Ulrich Faigle & Michel Grabisch, 2012. "Values for Markovian coalition processes," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00749950, HAL.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00749950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scafuri, Allen J & Yannelis, Nicholas C, 1984. "Non-symmetric Cardinal Value Allocations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1365-1368, November.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00749950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Faigle, U & Kern, W, 1992. "The Shapley Value for Cooperative Games under Precedence Constraints," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 21(3), pages 249-266. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00841259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.