On the restricted cores and the bounded core of games on distributive lattices
We consider TU-games with restricted cooperation, where the set of feasible coalitions is a distributive lattice, hence generated by a partial order on the set of players. In such a situation, the core may be unbounded, and one has to select a bounded part of the core as a solution concept. The restricted core is obtained by imposing equality constraints in the core for sets belonging to so-called normal collections, resulting (if nonempty) in the selection of a bounded face of the core. The bounded core proves to be the union of all bounded faces (restricted cores). The paper aims at investigating in depth the relation between the bounded core and restricted cores, as well as the properties and structures of the restricted cores and normal collections. In particular, it is found that a game is convex if and only if all restricted cores corresponding to the minimal nested normal collections are nonempty. Moreover, in this case the union of these restricted cores already covers the bounded core.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00748331|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Derks, Jean J M & Gilles, Robert P, 1995. "Hierarchical Organization Structures and Constraints on Coalition Formation," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 147-63.
- Faigle, U & Kern, W, 1992. "The Shapley Value for Cooperative Games under Precedence Constraints," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 249-66.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Michel Grabisch, 2009. "The core of games on ordered structures and graphs," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00445171, HAL.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:2000124 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00748331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.