Projections for World CGE Model Baselines
While constructing a new baseline for the GDyn model, we spent a lot of time collecting projections and deciding which data to choose. We also developed programs to aggregate projections to any specific geographical aggregation of the GTAP Data Base. In order to help researchers in the construction of their own baselines, we created a baseline section1 on the GTAP website where GTAP users can find the projections data and programs. The purpose of this paper is to document the data used in our new GDyn baseline and to provide a user guide of the baseline website. Our view is that sharing data and expertise with researchers working on baselines will help create reliable and defendable baseline scenarios. The second annex documents the aggregation programs from the 112 GTAP 7.1 regions to a specific geographical aggregation.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||GTAP Research Memorandum No. 22|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145|
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ludena, Carlos E. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V. & Foster, Kenneth A. & Nin Pratt, Alejandro, 2006.
"Productivity Growth and Convergence in Crop, Ruminant and Non-Ruminant Production: Measurement and Forecasts,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25392, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ludena, Carlos & Hertel, Thomas & Preckel, Paul & Foster, Kenneth & Nin Pratt, Alejandro, 2006. "Productivity Growth and Convergence in Crop, Ruminant and Non-Ruminant Production: Measurement and Forecasts," GTAP Working Papers 2220, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Walmsley, Terrie & Ahmed, Syud Amer & Parsons, Christopher, 2005. "A Global Bilateral Migration Data Base: Skilled Labor, Wages and Remittances," GTAP Research Memoranda 1880, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2010. "The World Economy in 2050: a Tentative Picture," Working Papers 2010-27, CEPII research center.
- Ahuja, Vinod & Filmer, Deon, 1995. "Educational attainments in developing countries : new estimates and projections disaggregated by gender," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1489, The World Bank.
- Samir KC & Bilal Barakat & Anne Goujon & Vegard Skirbekk & Warren C. Sanderson & Wolfgang Lutz, 2010. "Projection of populations by level of educational attainment, age, and sex for 120 countries for 2005-2050," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 22(15), pages 383-472, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gta:resmem:3728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.