Dominance relations when both quantity and quality matter, and applications to the\r\ncomparison of US research universities and worldwide top departments in economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- G. Hanoch & H. Levy, 1969. "The Efficiency Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 335-346.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Stephen Bazen & Patrick Moyes, 2012.
"Elitism and stochastic dominance,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 39(1), pages 207-251, June.
- Patrick Moyes & Steve Bazen, 2009. "Elitism and stochastic dominance," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00389603, HAL.
- Patrick Moyes & Stephen Bazen, 2010. "Elitism and stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00796083, HAL.
- Stephen Bazen & Patrick Moyes, 2012. "Elitism and stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00650753, HAL.
- Stephen BAZEN (GREQAM, CNRS, UMR 6579) & Patrick MOYES (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Elitism and Stochastic Dominance," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-08, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Patrick Moyes & Stephen Bazen, 2010. "Elitism and stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00650771, HAL.
- Stephen Bazen & Patrick Moyes, 2011. "Elitism and Stochastic Dominance," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00576585, HAL.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
- Lubrano, Michel & Protopopescu, Camelia, 2004. "Density inference for ranking European research systems in the field of economics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 345-369, December.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Sen, Amartya & Starrett, David, 1973. "Notes on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 180-187, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas Carayol & Ghislaine Filliatreau & Agenor Lahatte, 2012.
"Reference classes: a tool for benchmarking universities’ research,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 93(2), pages 351-371, November.
- Nicolas Carayol & G. Filliatreau & Agénor Lahatte, 2012. "Reference classes: A tool for benchmarking universities research," Post-Print hal-00800475, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsRanking; dominance relations; citations.;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2011-07-02 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SOG-2011-07-02 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2011-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio Sterzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifredfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.