The GST and mortgage costs: Australian evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James W. Kolari & Donald R. Fraser & Ali Anari, 1998. "The Effects of Securitization on Mortgage Market Yields: A Cointegration Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 677-693.
- Liu, Benjamin & Skully, Michael, 2005. "The determinants of mortgage yield spread differentials: Securitization," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 314-333, October.
- Tom Bolton & Brian Dollery, 2005. "An Empirical Note On The Comparative Macroeconomic Effects Of The Gst In Australia, Canada And New Zealand," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 24(1), pages 50-60, March.
- Tran-Nam, Binh & Evans, Chris & Walpole, Michael & Ritchie, Katherine, 2000. "Tax Compliance Costs: Research Methodology and Empirical Evidence From Australia," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 53(2), pages 229-252, June.
- Abbas Valadkhani, 2005. "Goods and Services Tax Effects on Goods and Services Included in the Consumer Price Index Basket," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 104-114, August.
- James Kau & Luke Peters, 2005. "The Effect of Mortgage Price and Default Risk on Mortgage Spreads," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 285-295, April.
- Abbas Valadkhani & Allan P. Layton, 2003. "Quantifying the Effect of GST on Inflation in Australia’s Capital Cities: An Intervention Analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 153, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Black, Deborah G & Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1981. "The Impact of the GNMA Pass-through Program on FHA Mortgage Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 457-469, May.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Michael LaCour-Little & Anthony B. Sanders, 2004. "The Effect of Conforming Loan Status on Mortgage Yield Spreads: A Loan Level Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 541-569, December.
- Binh Tran-Nam, 2001. "Use and Misuse of Tax Compliance Costs in Evaluating the GST," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(3), pages 279-290.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid & Mathur, Ike, 2007. "Pricing home mortgages and bank collateral: A rational expectations approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1217-1244, April.
- Benjamin Liu & Michael Skully, 2008. "The impact of securitisation and structural changes of the Australian mortgage markets on bank pricing behaviour," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(2), pages 149-167.
- Tran-Nam, Binh & Evans, Chris & Walpole, Michael & Ritchie, Katherine, 2000. "Tax Compliance Costs: Research Methodology and Empirical Evidence from Australia," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 2), pages 229-52, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAustralian GST; mortgage costs; house affordability;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-04-27 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2013-04-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gri:fpaper:finance:201302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Alexandr Akimov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/segriau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.