Population Aging: Facts, Challenges, and Responses
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bloom, David E. & BÃ¶rsch-Supan, Axel & McGee, Patrick & Seike, Atsushi, 1970. "Population Aging: Facts, Challenges, and Responses," MEA discussion paper series 201224, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink, 2010.
"Implications of population ageing for economic growth,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 583-612, Winter.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink, 2011. "Implications of Population Aging for Economic Growth," PGDA Working Papers 6411, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink, 2011. "Implications of Population Aging for Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 16705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Shoven, 2010. "Demography and the Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number shov08-1, August.
- Axel BÖRSCH‐SUPAN & Alexander LUDWIG, 2009. "Aging, Asset Markets, and Asset Returns: A View From Europe to Asia," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 4(1), pages 69-92, June.
- James M. Poterba, 2004.
"The impact of population aging on financial markets,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue aug, pages 163-216.
- James Poterba, 2004. "The Impact of Population Aging on Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 10851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn Finlay, 2009.
"Fertility, female labor force participation, and the demographic dividend,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 79-101, June.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2007. "Fertility, Female Labor Force Participation, and the Demographic Dividend," NBER Working Papers 13583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Guenther Fink & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2007. "Fertility, Female Labor Force Participation, and the Demographic Dividend," PGDA Working Papers 2507, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Introduction to "Social Security and Retirement around the World"," NBER Chapters, in: Social Security and Retirement around the World, pages 1-35, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarah Harper, 2014. "Introduction: conceptualizing social policy for the twenty-first-century demography," Chapters, in: International Handbook on Ageing and Public Policy, chapter 1, pages 1-10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kyureghian, Gayaneh & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2016. "Life Cycle Consumption of Food: Evidence from French Data," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236785, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:bla:ausecp:v:56:y:2017:i:1:p:72-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipf:psejou:v:42:y:2018:i:3:p:255-278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prettner, Klaus & Strulik, Holger, 2018.
"Trade and productivity: The family connection redux,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 276-291.
- Prettner, Klaus & Strulik, Holger, 2013. "Trade and productivity: The family connection redux," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 159, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Prettner & Holger Strulik, 2015. "Trade and Productivity: The Family Connection Redux," FIW Working Paper series 148, FIW.
- Abidi, Hella & Klumpp, Matthias, 2014. "Demografischer Wandel und Industrie-Qualifikationsrahmen Logistik," ild Schriftenreihe Logistikforschung 40, FOM Hochschule, Institut für Logistik- & Dienstleistungsmanagement (ild).
- Kyureghian, Gayaneh & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2017. "Life Cycle Consumption Of Food At Home: Facts From French Purchase Data," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 260920, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- van Dalen, H.P. & Henkens, K., 2015.
"Why Demotion of Older Workers is a No-Go Area for Managers,"
2015-025, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Dalen, Harry & Henkens, Kene, 2016. "Why demotion of older workers is a no-go area for managers," Other publications TiSEM a52d9382-0db4-4bd5-b2ab-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Zaiceva, A. & Zimmermann, K.F., 2016. "Migration and the Demographic Shift," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, in: Piggott, John & Woodland, Alan (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 119-177, Elsevier.
- Shogo Kudo & Emmanuel Mutisya & Masafumi Nagao, 2015. "Population Aging: An Emerging Research Agenda for Sustainable Development," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-27, October.
- Renuga Nagarajan & Aurora A.C. Teixeira & Sandra T. Silva, 2013. "The impact of population ageing on economic growth: an in-depth bibliometric analysis," FEP Working Papers 505, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Mehri , N. & Messkoub, M. & Kunkel, S., 2019. "Trends, determinants and the implications of population aging in Iran," ISS Working Papers - General Series 646, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Mao, Hong & Ostaszewski, Krzysztof M. & Wang, Yuling, 2014. "Optimal retirement age, leisure and consumption," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 458-464.
More about this item
Keywordspopulation; aging; longevity; fertility;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-09-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2011-09-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2011-09-16 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gdm:wpaper:7111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cinzia Smothers) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Cinzia Smothers to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.