Bayesian Marginal Equivalence of Elliptical Regression Models
The use of proper prior densities in regression models with multivariate non-Normal elliptical error distributions is examined when the scale matrix is known up to a precision factor T, treated as a nuisance parameter. Marginally equivalent models preserve the convenient predictive and posterior results on the parameter of interest B obtained in the reference case of the Normal model and its conditionally natural conjugate gamma prior. Prior densities inducing this property are derived for two special cases of non-Normal elliptical densities representing very different patterns of tail behavior. In a linear framework, so-called semi-conjugate prior structures are defined as leading to marginal equivalence to a Normal data density with a fully natural conjugate prior.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: TILBURG UNIVERSITY, CENTER FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, 5000 LE TILBURG THE NETHERLANDS.|
Phone: 31 13 4663050
Fax: 31 13 4663066
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha & Tiwari, Ram C. & Jammalamadaka, S. Rao, 1988. "Bayes prediction in regressions with elliptical errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 349-360, July.
- Jammalamadaka, S. Rao & Tiwari, Ram C. & Chib, Siddhartha, 1987. "Bayes prediction in the linear model with spherically symmetric errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-44.
- Osiewalski, J., 1989.
"A Note On Bayesian Inference In A Regression Model With Elliptical Errors,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1989040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Osiewalski, Jacek, 1991. "A note on Bayesian inference in a regression model with elliptical errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1-2), pages 183-193.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:tilbur:9119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.