Bayesian Marginal Equivalence of Elliptical Regression Models
The use of proper prior densities in regression models with multivariate non-Normal elliptical error distributions is examined when the scale matrix is known up to a precision factor T, treated as a nuisance parameter. Marginally equivalent models preserve the convenient predictive and posterior results on the parameter of interest B obtained in the reference case of the Normal model and its conditionally natural conjugate gamma prior. Prior densities inducing this property are derived for two special cases of non-Normal elliptical densities representing very different patterns of tail behavior. In a linear framework, so-called semi-conjugate prior structures are defined as leading to marginal equivalence to a Normal data density with a fully natural conjugate prior.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: TILBURG UNIVERSITY, CENTER FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, 5000 LE TILBURG THE NETHERLANDS.|
Phone: 31 13 4663050
Fax: 31 13 4663066
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osiewalski, Jacek, 1991.
"A note on Bayesian inference in a regression model with elliptical errors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1-2), pages 183-193.
- OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, "undated". "A note on Bayesian inference in a regression model with elliptical errors," CORE Discussion Papers RP 926, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Osiewalski, J., 1989. "A Note On Bayesian Inference In A Regression Model With Elliptical Errors," CORE Discussion Papers 1989040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chib, Siddhartha & Tiwari, Ram C. & Jammalamadaka, S. Rao, 1988. "Bayes prediction in regressions with elliptical errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 349-360, July.
- Jammalamadaka, S. Rao & Tiwari, Ram C. & Chib, Siddhartha, 1987. "Bayes prediction in the linear model with spherically symmetric errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-44. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:tilbur:9119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.