Bayesian Variations on the Frisch and Waugh Theme
The paper is devoted to discussing consequences of the so-called Frisch-Waugh Theorem to posterior inference and Bayesian model comparison. We adopt a generalised normal linear regression framework and weaken its assumptions in order to cover non-normal, jointly elliptical sampling distributions, autoregressive specifications, additional nuisance parameters and multi-equation SURE or VAR models. The main result is that inference based on the original full Bayesian model can be obtained using transformed data and reduced parameter spaces, provided the prior density for scale or precision parameters is appropriately modified.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cejeme.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2002.
"Priors, posteriors and bayes factors for a Bayesian analysis of cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 1998. "Priors, posteriors and Bayes factors for a Bayesian analysis of cointegration," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9821, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1990.
"Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models,"
1990-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1993. "Robust bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 345-363.
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M., 1990. "Robust Bayesian Inference In Elliptical Regression Models," Papers 9032, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psc:journl:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:39-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.