Bayesian Variations on the Frisch and Waugh Theme
The paper is devoted to discussing consequences of the so-called Frisch-Waugh Theorem to posterior inference and Bayesian model comparison. We adopt a generalised normal linear regression framework and weaken its assumptions in order to cover non-normal, jointly elliptical sampling distributions, autoregressive specifications, additional nuisance parameters and multi-equation SURE or VAR models. The main result is that inference based on the original full Bayesian model can be obtained using transformed data and reduced parameter spaces, provided the prior density for scale or precision parameters is appropriately modified.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cejeme.org/ |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 1998.
"Priors, posteriors and Bayes factors for a Bayesian analysis of cointegration,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 9821, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2002. "Priors, posteriors and bayes factors for a Bayesian analysis of cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M., 1990.
"Robust Bayesian Inference In Elliptical Regression Models,"
9032, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1993. "Robust bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 345-363.
- OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, . "Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1047, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1990. "Robust Bayesian inference in elliptical regression models," Discussion Paper 1990-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:199119 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psc:journl:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:39-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.