The supermarket revolution in developing countries: Policies for "competitiveness with inclusiveness"
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry DESKER & Mely CABALLERO-ANTHONY & Paul TENG, 2013. "Thouhgt/Issues Paper on ASEAN Food Security: Towards a more Comprehensive Framework," Working Papers DP-2013-20, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Etornam Kosi Anku & Gerald Kojo Ahorbo, 2017. "Conflict between Supermarkets and Wet-Markets in Ghana: Early Warning Signals and Preventive Policy Recommendations," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 7(10), pages 1-17, October.
- Chamhuri, Norshamliza & Batt, Peter J., 2013. "Segmentation of Malaysian shoppers by store choice behaviour in their purchase of fresh meat and fresh produce," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 516-528.
- Schauder, Stephanie A., 2020. "The Effect of Sprawl Development on Grocery Store Location and Food Access," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304173, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Narayanan, Sudha, 2014. "Profits from participation in high value agriculture: Evidence of heterogeneous benefits in contract farming schemes in Southern India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 142-157.
- World Bank, 2011. "Trade Expansion through Market Connection : The Central Asian Markets of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2333, December.
- Shuru Zhong & Mike Crang & Guojun Zeng, 2020. "Constructing freshness: the vitality of wet markets in urban China," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 37(1), pages 175-185, March.
- Glendenning, Claire J. & Babu, Suresh & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo, 2010. "Review of agricultural extension in India: Are farmers' information needs being met?," IFPRI discussion papers 1048, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree, 2011. "Wet Markets, Supermarkets and the "Big Middle" for Food Retailing in Developing Countries: Evidence from Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1624-1637, September.
- Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Kiria, Christine G. & Qaim, Matin & Rao, Elizaphan J.O., 2013. "Following up on smallholder farmers and supermarkets," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 158142, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Md. Jahangir Alam, 2018. "Transformation of Retailing in Bangladesh: A Holistic Approach," Journal of Asian Business Strategy, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(2), pages 38-51, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSupermarkets; Wholesalers; Modern retail; Small farmers; Traditional retail; Supply chains; Competitiveness; Inclusiveness;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-07-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-07-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2008-07-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MKT-2008-07-14 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:polbrf:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.