The supermarket revolution in developing countries: Policies for "competitiveness with inclusiveness"
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2011. "Trade Expansion through Market Connection : The Central Asian Markets of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2333.
- Narayanan, Sudha, 2014. "Profits from participation in high value agriculture: Evidence of heterogeneous benefits in contract farming schemes in Southern India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 142-157.
- Glendenning, Claire J. & Babu, Suresh & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo, 2010. "Review of agricultural extension in India: Are farmers' information needs being met?," IFPRI discussion papers 1048, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Kiria, Christine G. & Qaim, Matin & Rao, Elizaphan J.O., 2013. "Following up on smallholder farmers and supermarkets," Discussion Papers 158142, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- repec:mir:mirbus:v:7:y:2017:i:10:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barry DESKER & Mely CABALLERO-ANTHONY & Paul TENG, 2013. "Thouhgt/Issues Paper on ASEAN Food Security: Towards a more Comprehensive Framework," Working Papers DP-2013-20, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree, 2011. "Wet Markets, Supermarkets and the "Big Middle" for Food Retailing in Developing Countries: Evidence from Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1624-1637, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSupermarkets; Wholesalers; Modern retail; Small farmers; Traditional retail; Supply chains; Competitiveness; Inclusiveness;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-07-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-07-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2008-07-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MKT-2008-07-14 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:polbrf:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .