Participation by men and women in off-farm activities: An empirical analysis in rural northern Ghana
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- McCarthy, Nancy & Sun, Yan, 2009. "Participation by Men and Women in Off-Farm Activities: an Empirical Analysis in Rural Northern Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51040, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J Edward & Rozelle, Scott & de Brauw, Alan, 2003. "Migration and Incomes in Source Communities: A New Economics of Migration Perspective from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 75-101, October.
- Ruben, Ruerd & Van den berg, Marrit, 2001. "Nonfarm Employment and Poverty Alleviation of Rural Farm Households in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 549-560, March.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Hennessy, David A., 2001.
"Uncertainty, risk aversion, and risk management for agricultural producers,"
Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 88-153
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Hennessy, David, 1999. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and Risk Management for Agricultural Producers," ISU General Staff Papers 199907010700001320, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Hennessy, David A., 2001. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion, and Risk Management for Agricultural Producers," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5323, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John, 2004. "Non-farm income, household welfare, and sustainable land management in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 369-392, August.
- Michael Kevane, 1996. "Agrarian Structure and Agricultural Practice: Typology and Application to Western Sudan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 236-245.
- Matshe, Innocent & Young, Trevor, 2004. "Off-farm labour allocation decisions in small-scale rural households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 175-186, May.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "The impact of education in rural Ghana: examining household labor allocation and returns on and off the farm," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 287-314, February.
- Grootaert, Christiaan & Narayan, Deepa, 2001. "Local institutions, poverty, and household welfare in Bolivia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2644, The World Bank.
- Awudu Abdulai & Christopher L. Delgado, 1999. "Determinants of Nonfarm Earnings of Farm-Based Husbands and Wives in Northern Ghana," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 117-130.
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Almeida & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2011. "Agricultural Productivity And Off-Farm Labor Decisions By Heads And Spouses In Nicaragua: A Semiparametric Analysis Using Panel Data," ERSA conference papers ersa11p508, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsOff-farm labor supply; Participation; Community groups; Gender; Land management; Poverty reduction;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-04-05 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-04-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-04-05 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2009-04-05 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .