Energy use and rural poverty: Empirical evidence from potato farmers in north China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sebri, Maamar & Abid, Mehdi, 2012. "Energy use for economic growth: A trivariate analysis from Tunisian agriculture sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 711-716.
- Nazlioglu, Saban, 2011. "World oil and agricultural commodity prices: Evidence from nonlinear causality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2935-2943, May.
- Sands, Ron & Westcott, Paul & Price, J. Michael & Beckman, Jayson & Leibtag, Ephraim & Lucier, Gary & McBride, William D. & McGranahan, David & Morehart, Mitch & Roeger, Edward & Schaible, Glenn & Woj, 2011. "Impacts of Higher Energy Prices on Agriculture and Rural Economies," Economic Research Report 262236, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Soytas, Ugur, 2011. "World oil prices and agricultural commodity prices: Evidence from an emerging market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 488-496, May.
- Hanson, Kenneth & Robinson, Sherman & Schluter, Gerald E., 1993.
"Sectoral Effects Of A World Oil Price Shock: Economywide Linkages To The Agricultural Sector,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-21, July.
- Hanson, Kenneth & Robinson, Sherman & Schluter, Gerald, 1991. "Sectoral Effects of a World Oil Price Shock: Economywide Linkages to the Agricultural Sector," Staff Reports 278608, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Yilmaz, Ibrahim & Akcaoz, Handan & Ozkan, Burhan, 2005. "An analysis of energy use and input costs for cotton production in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 145-155.
- Jason Henderson, 2008. "Are energy prices threatening the farm boom?," Main Street Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue 5.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy; potatoes; poverty; smallholders; intensification; income; households;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .