The first line of defense: the discount window during the early stages of the financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Artuç, Erhan & Demiralp, Selva, 2010.
"Discount window borrowing after 2003: The explicit reduction in implicit costs,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 825-833, April.
- Selva Demiralp & Erhan Artuç, 2007. "Discount Window Borrowing after 2003: The Explicit Reduction in Implicit Costs," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0708, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Erhan Artuç & Selva Demiralp, 2010.
"Provision of liquidity through the primary credit facility during the financial crisis: a structural analysis,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aug, pages 43-53.
- Selva Demiralp & Erhan Artuc, 2009. "Provision of Liquidity through the Primary Credit Facility during the Financial Crisis: A Structural Analysis," 2009 Meeting Papers 215, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Erhan Artuç & Selva Demiralp, 2009. "Provision of Liquidity through the Primary Credit Facility during the Financial Crisis: A Structural Analysis," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0912, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2008. "Walter Bagehot, the discount window, and TAF," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gara Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "Stressed not Frozen: The Fed Funds Market in the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gara Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2011.
"Stressed, Not Frozen: The Federal Funds Market in the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Gara M. Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "Stressed, not frozen: the Federal Funds market in the financial crisis," Staff Reports 437, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1998. "The Growing Reluctance To Borrow At The Discount Window: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 611-620, November.
- Semykina, Anastasia & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2010.
"Estimating panel data models in the presence of endogeneity and selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 375-380, August.
- Anastasia Semykina & Jeffrey M. Woodridge, 2010. "Estimating Panel Data Models in the Presence of Endogeneity and Selection," Working Papers wp2010_10_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Bartolini, Leonardo & Hilton, Spence & McAndrews, James J., 2010. "Settlement delays in the money market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 934-945, May.
- Bech, Morten L. & Klee, Elizabeth, 2011.
"The mechanics of a graceful exit: Interest on reserves and segmentation in the federal funds market,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 415-431.
- Morten L. Bech & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2009. "The mechanics of a graceful exit: interest on reserves and segmentation in the federal funds market," Staff Reports 416, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Morten L. Bech & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2010. "The mechanics of a graceful exit: interest on reserves and segmentation in the federal funds market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-07, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- John A. Weinberg & Huberto M. Ennis, 2009. "A Model of Stigma in the Fed Funds Market," 2009 Meeting Papers 956, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscount ; Federal funds ; Global financial crisis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-05-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2011-05-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2011-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryan Wolfslayer) or (Keisha Fournillier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.