The impact of credit unions on the rates offered for retail deposits by banks and thrift institutions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence J. Radecki, 1998. "The expanding geographic reach of retail banking markets," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 15-34.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2001. "The Competitive Role Of Credit Unions In Small Local Financial Services Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 560-563, August.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 1999. "Credit unions and the common bond," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 41-64.
- Robert Tokle & Joanne Tokle, 2000. "The Influence of Credit Union and Savings and Loan Competition on Bank Deposit Rates in Idaho and Montana," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(4), pages 427-439, December.
- Calem, Paul S & Carlino, Gerald A, 1991.
"The Concentration/Conduct Relationship in Bank Deposit Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 268-276, May.
- Paul S. Calem & Gerald A. Carlino, 1989. "The concentration/conduct relationship in bank deposit markets," Working Papers 89-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Örs, Evren & Rice, Tara, 2007. "Bank Imputed Interest Rates: Unbiased Estimates of Offered Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 2004.
"When for-profits and not-for-profits compete: theory and empirical evidence from retail banking,"
Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers
2004-01, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 2004. "When for-profits and not-for-profits compete: theory and empirical evidence from retail banking," Working Papers 2004-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jeff Heinrich & Russell Kashian, 2006. "Credit Union to Mutual Conversion : Do Rates Diverge?," Working Papers 06-01, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Robert DeYoung & Evren Örs, 2004. "Advertising and pricing at multiple-output firms: evidence from U.S. thrift institutions," Working Paper Series WP-04-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- John Goddard & Donal McKillop & John Wilson, 2008. "What drives the performance of cooperative financial institutions? Evidence for US credit unions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(11), pages 879-893.
- Goddard, John & McKillop, Donal & Wilson, John O.S., 2008. "The diversification and financial performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1836-1849, September.
- Evren Örs & Tara Rice, 2006. "Bank imputed interest rates: unbiased estimates of offered rates?," Working Paper Series WP-06-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Melzer, Brian T. & Morgan, Donald P., 2015. "Competition in a consumer loan market: Payday loans and overdraft credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-44.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2003-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .