Economic Poverty in Finland 1971-2004
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Marja Riihelä & Risto Sullström & Matti Tuomala, 2001.
"What Lies Behind the Unprecedented Increase in Income Inequality in Finland During the 1990's,"
0102, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Sullström, Risto & Riihelä, Marja & Tuomala, Matti, 2001. "What Lies Behind the Unprecedented Increase in Income Inequality in Finland During the 1990's," Discussion Papers 247, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. " Issues in the Measurement of Poverty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 285-307.
- Jantti, Markus & Danziger, Sheldon, 2000. "Income poverty in advanced countries," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 309-378 Elsevier.
- Ilpo Suoniemi, 1993. "Public Welfare Services and Inequality: Introduction to methodology and some examples with the 1985 Finnish Household Expenditure Survey data," Discussion Papers 45, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Atkinson, A.B., 2000. "A European social agenda: poverty benchmarking and social transfers," EUROMOD Working Papers EM3/00, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Poor, Relatively Speaking," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 153-169, July.
- Sullström, Risto & Suoniemi Ilpo, 1995. "The Structure of Household Consumption in Finland, 1966-1990," Research Reports 27, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-177, January.
- Marja Riihelä & Risto Sullström & Matti Tuomala, 2001. "On Economic Poverty in Finland in the 1990s," Working Papers 0109, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael & Tuomala, Matti, 1994. "Labor Supply and Targeting in Poverty Alleviation Programs," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(2), pages 191-211, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Tuomala, Matti, 2016.
"Groupings and the gains from tagging,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 53-63.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Tuomala, Matti, 2014. "Groupings and the Gains From Tagging," Working Papers 180142, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Matti Tuomala, 2014. "Groupings and the Gains from Tagging," Working Papers 1493, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Sullström, Risto & Riihelä, Marja & Suoniemi Ilpo, 2008. "Tax Progressivity and Recent Evolution of the Finnish Income Inequality," Discussion Papers 460, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- S. Subramanian, 2009. "Revisiting the Normalization Axiom in Poverty Measurement," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 89-98, Autumn.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; poverty measures; ordinal poverty comparison; Income distribution; Tulonjako; Taxation and Social Transfers; Julkisen talouden rahoitus ja tulonsiirrot;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vatttfi.html .