Tax Progressivity and Recent Evolution of the Finnish Income Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Atkinson, A B, 1997. "Bringing Income Distribution in from the Cold," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 297-321, March.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Accounting for Inequality Trends: Decomposition Analyses for the UK, 1971-86," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 29-63, February.
- Marja Riihelä & Risto Sullström & Matti Tuomala, 2008.
"Economic Poverty in Finland 1971–2004,"
Finnish Economic Papers,
Finnish Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 57-77, Spring.
- Marja Riihelä & Risto Sullsröm & Matti Tuomala, 2007. "Economic Poverty in Finland 1971 - 2004," Working Papers 0751, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Sullström, Risto & Riihelä, Marja & Tuomala, Matti, 2007. "Economic Poverty in Finland 1971-2004," Discussion Papers 418, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Tomi Kyyrä & Mika Maliranta, 2008.
"The micro-level dynamics of declining labour share: lessons from the Finnish great leap ,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1147-1172, December.
- Kyyrä, Tomi & Maliranta, Mika, 2006. "The Micro-Level Dynamics of Declining Labour Share: Lessons from the Finnish Great Leap," Discussion Papers 406, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Johnson, Paul, 1996. "The Assessment: Inequality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, Spring.
- A. B. Atkinson, 2003.
"Income Inequality in OECD Countries: Data and Explanations,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 49(4), pages 479-513.
- Anthony C. Atkinson, 2003. "Income Inequality in OECD Countries: Data and Explanations," CESifo Working Paper Series 881, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Marja Riihelä & Risto Sullström & Matti Tuomala, 2005. "Trends in Top Income Shares in Finland," Discussion Papers 371, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- Anthony B. Atkinson, 2000. "The Changing Distribution of Income: Evidence and Explanations," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(1), pages 3-18, February.
- Thomas Piketty, 2003. "Income Inequality in France, 1901-1998," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(5), pages 1004-1042, October.
- Tobias Lindhe & Jan Södersten & Ann Öberg, 2004. "Economic Effects of Taxing Different Organizational Forms under the Nordic Dual Income Tax," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(4), pages 469-485, August.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge Martínez-Vázquez & Violeta Vulovic & Blanca Moreno Dodson, 2012.
"The Impact of Tax and Expenditure Policies on Income Distribution: Evidence from a Large Panel of Countries,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 200(1), pages 95-130, March.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Blanca Moreno-Dodson & VIoleta Vulovic, 2012. "The Impact of Tax and Expenditure Policies on Income Distribution: Evidence from a Large Panel of Countries," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1225, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Veli-Matti Ritakallio & Olof BÃ¤ckman & Johan Fritzell, 2011. "Income inequality and poverty: do the Nordic countries still constitute a family of their own?," LIS Working papers 563, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Immervoll, Herwig & Richardson, Linda, 2011.
"Redistribution Policy and Inequality Reduction in OECD Countries: What Has Changed in Two Decades?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6030, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Herwig Immervoll & Linda Richardson, 2011. "Redistribution Policy and Inequality Reduction in OECD Countries: What Has Changed in Two Decades?," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 122, OECD Publishing.
- Linda Richardson & Herwig Immervoll, 2011. "Redistribution Policy and Inequality Reduction in OECD Countries: What Has Changed in Two Decades?," LIS Working papers 571, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Matikka, Tuomas, 2014. "Taxable Income Elasticity and the Anatomy of Behavioral Response: Evidence from Finland," Working Papers 55, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Moździerz Anna, 2015. "Tax Policy and Income Inequality in the Visegrad Countries," Naše gospodarstvo/Our economy, De Gruyter Open, vol. 61(6), pages 12-18, December.
- Johan Fritzell & Jennie Bacchus-hertzman & O. Bäckman & I. Borg & T. Ferrarini & K. Nelson, 2010. "GINI Country Report: Growing Inequalities and their Impacts in Sweden," GINI Country Reports sweden, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome inequality; Tax progressivity; Decomposition; Gini coefficient; Income distribution; Tulonjako; Taxation; Verotus; Taxation and Social Transfers; Julkisen talouden rahoitus ja tulonsiirrot;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2009-02-07 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-07 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-02-07 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vatttfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.