Reduction in the Long-Term Unemployment of the Elderly: A Success Story from Finland
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tomi Kyyrä & Ralf A. Wilke, 2007. "Reduction in the Long-Term Unemployment of the Elderly: A Success Story from Finland," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(1), pages 154-182, March.
- Kyyrä, Tomi & Wilke, Ralf A., 2004. "Reduction in the Long-Term Unemployment of the Elderly: A Success Story from Finland," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Carling, Kenneth & Holmlund, Bertil & Vejsiu, Altin, 2001.
"Do Benefit Cuts Boost Job Finding? Swedish Evidence from the 1990s,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 766-790, October.
- Carling, K. & Holmlund, B. & Vejsiu, A., 1999. "Do Benefit Cuts Boost Job Findings? Swedish Evidence from the 1990s," Papers 1999:20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Kenneth Carling & Bertil Holmlund & Altin Vejsiu, 2000. "Do Benefit Cuts Boost Job Findings? Swedish Evidence From the 1990s," CESifo Working Paper Series 365, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carling, Kenneth & Holmlund, Bertil & Vejsiu, Altin, 1999. "Do benefit cuts boost job findings? Swedish evidence from the 1990s," Working Paper Series 1999:8, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Carling, Kenneth & Holmlund, Bertil & Vejsiu, Altin, 1999. "Do Benefit Cuts Boost Job Findings? Swedish Evidence from the 1990s," Working Paper Series 1999:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Yannis Bilias & Roger Koenker, 2001. "Quantile regression for duration data: A reappraisal of the Pennsylvania Reemployment Bonus Experiments," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 199-220.
- Elke Lüdemann & Ralf Wilke & Xuan Zhang, 2006.
"Censored quantile regressions and the length of unemployment periods in West Germany,"
Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 1003-1024, November.
- Lüdemann, Elke & Wilke, Ralf A. & Zhang, Xuan, 2004. "Censored Quantile Regressions and the Length of Unemployment Periods in West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-57, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Xuan, Zhang & Wilke, Ralf A. & Lüdemann, Elke, 2005. "Censored Quantile Regressions and the Length of Unemployment Periods in West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-57 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arnott, Richard J & Hosios, Arthur J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988.
"Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility, and Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1046-1066, December.
- Richard Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1983. "Implicit Contracts, Labour Mobility and Unemployment," Working Papers 543, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard J. Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1987. "Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility and Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 2316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 1995.
"The Effect of Unemployment Compensation on Unemployment Duration in Germany,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 88-120, January.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1992. "The Effect of Unemployment Compensation on Unemployment Duration in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 50, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Erkki Koskela & Roope Uusitalo, 2003. "The Un-Intended Convergence: How the Finnish Unemployment Reached the European Level," CESifo Working Paper Series 878, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hutchens, Robert, 1999. "Social Security Benefits and Employer Behavior: Evaluating Social Security Early Retirement Benefits as a Form of Unemployment Insurance," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 659-678, August.
- Pasi Holm & Tomi Kyyrä & Juha Rantala, 1999. "Household Level Economic Incentives, Unemployment Trap and Job Finding Probability," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 6(3), pages 361-378, August.
- Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2002. "Inference on the Quantile Regression Process," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1583-1612, July.
- Han, Aaron & Hausman, Jerry A, 1990. "Flexible Parametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January-M.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment insurance reform; quantile treatment effect; non- and semiparametric methods; Finnish register data.; Labour market; Työmarkkinat; Social security; Sosiaaliturva; Labor market and policies promoting economic growth; Työmarkkinat ja kasvua tukeva politiikka; C140 - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods; J140 - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; J600 - Mobility; Unemployment; and Vacancies: General;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vatttfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.