Market-based Options for Security of Energy Supply
Energy market liberalization and international economic interdependence have affected governments’ ability to react to security of supply challenges. On the other side, whereas in the past security of supply was largely seen as a national responsibility, the frame of reference has increasingly become the EU in which liberation increases security of supply mainly by increasing the number of markets participants and improving the flexibility of energy systems. In this logic, security of supply becomes a risk management strategy with a strong inclination towards cost effectiveness, involving both the supply and the demand side. Security of supply has two major components that interrelate: cost and risk. This paper focus the attention on costs in the attempt to develop a market compatible approach geared towards security of supply.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Corso Magenta, 63 - 20123 Milan|
Web page: http://www.feem.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Fisk, 2004. "Transport Energy Security. The Unseen Risk?," Working Papers 2004.118, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Giacomo Luciani, 2004. "Security of Supply for Natural Gas Markets. What is it and What is it not?," Working Papers 2004.119, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Gracceva, 2004. "Social Costs of Energy Disruptions," Working Papers 2004.116, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Patrick Cayrade, 2004. "Investments in Gas Pipelines and Liquefied Natural Gas Infrastructure. What is the Impact on the Security of Supply?," Working Papers 2004.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Gracceva, 2004. "Oil Security Short- and Long-Term Policies," Working Papers 2004.115, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2004.117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.