Price Competition and Product Differentiation when Consumers Care for the Environment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof, 1997. "Social Distance and Social Decisions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1005-1028, September.
- Grilo, Isabel & Shy, Oz & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2001.
"Price competition when consumer behavior is characterized by conformity or vanity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 385-408, June.
- GRILO, Isabel & SHY, Oz & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1997. "Price competition when consumer behavior is characterized by conformity or vanity," CORE Discussion Papers 1997032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GRILO, Isabel & SHY, Oz & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2001. "Price competition when consumer behavior is characterized by conformity or vanity," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1518, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1994. "A Theory of Conformity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 841-877, October.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valentini, Laura, 2005. "Environmental quality provision and eco-labelling: Some issues," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2005-02, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Laura Valentini, 2005. "Environmental Quality Provision and Eco-labelling: Some Issues," Working Papers id:281, eSocialSciences.
- Alva González, Miguel Ángel, 2008. "Environmentally Unfriendly Consumption Behaviour: Theoretical and Empirical Evidence from Private Motorists in Mexico City," MPRA Paper 18019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice competition; Quality competition; Environmental awareness; Environmentally friendly products;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2004-09-12 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2003.66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .