On Biased Technical Change: Was technological change in Japan electricity-saving?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- HOSOE Nobuhiro & AKIYAMA Shu-ichi, 2008. "Regional Electric Power Demand in Japan," Discussion papers 08005, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Berndt, Ernst R, 1976. "Reconciling Alternative Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Wood, David O, 1975. "Technology, Prices, and the Derived Demand for Energy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 259-268, August.
- Ichiro Fukunaga & Mitsuhiro Osada, 2009. "Measuring Energy-Saving Technical Change in Japan," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 09-E-5, Bank of Japan.
- Matsukawa Isamu & Madono Seishi & Nakashima Takako, 1993. "An Empirical Analysis of Ramsey Pricing in Japanese Electric Utilities," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 256-276, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johanna Vogel & Kurt Kratena & Kathrin Hranyai, 2015. "The Bias of Technological Change in Europe. WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 98," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58200, December.
- Zha, Donglan & Kavuri, Anil Savio & Si, Songjian, 2018. "Energy-biased technical change in the Chinese industrial sector with CES production functions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 896-903.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Woo, C.K. & Liu, Y. & Zarnikau, J. & Shiu, A. & Luo, X. & Kahrl, F., 2018. "Price elasticities of retail energy demands in the United States: New evidence from a panel of monthly data for 2001–2016," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 460-474.
- Peter J. Elmer & Patric H. Hendershott, 1984. "Relative Factor Price Changes and Equity Prices," NBER Working Papers 1449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdullah, Maisom, 1989. "Capital-labor substitutability in Malaysian manufacturing: alternative estimates and policy implications," ISU General Staff Papers 198901010800009905, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Atolia, Manoj & Chatterjee, Santanu & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2010.
"How misleading is linearization? Evaluating the dynamics of the neoclassical growth model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1550-1571, September.
- Manoj Atolia & Santanu Chatterjee & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "How Misleading is Linearization? Evaluating the Dynamics of the Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Papers wp2008_11_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Sep 2008.
- Ulrich Witt & Christian Gross, 2020. "The rise of the “service economy” in the second half of the twentieth century and its energetic contingencies," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 231-246, April.
- Morrison, Catherine J., 1986.
"Productivity measurement with non-static expectations and varying capacity utilization : An integrated approach,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 51-74.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Productivity Measurement with Nonstatic Expectations and Varying Capacity Utilization: An Integrated Approach," NBER Working Papers 1561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zaheer Abbas, 2020. "Re-assessing the Contribution of Energy Consumption to GDP Per- Capita: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(6), pages 404-410.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011. "Oil consumption and economic efficiency: A comparative analysis of advanced, developing and emerging economies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1354-1362, May.
- Miguel A León-Ledesma & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2012. "Non-Balanced Growth and Production Technology Estimation," Studies in Economics 1204, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Renwick, Alan W. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Reader, Mark A., 2005.
"Uk Sugar Beet Farm Productivity Under Different Reform Scenarios: A Farm Level Analysis,"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Discussion Papers
31936, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy.
- Alan W. Renwick & Cesar L. Revoredo Giha & Mark A. Reader, 2005. "UK Sugar Beet Farm Productivity under Different Reform Scenarios: A Farm Level Analysis," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 04.2005, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2005.
- Renwick, Alan W. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Reader, Mark A., 2005. "UK Sugar Beet Farm Productivity Under Different Reform Scenarios: A Farm Level Analysis," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24665, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lundmark, Robert & Söderholm, Patrik & Lundmark, Robert, 2003. "Structural changes in Swedish wastepaper demand: a variable cost function approach," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 41-63.
- Claudia S. Gómez-López & Luis A. Puch, 2008. "Uso de Energía en Economías Exportadoras de Petróleo," Economic Reports 24-08, FEDEA.
- Takeshi Niizeki, 2012. "Energy-Saving Technological Change in Japan," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-218, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Lecca, Patrizio & Swales, Kim & Turner, Karen, 2011.
"An investigation of issues relating to where energy should enter the production function,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2832-2841.
- Lecca, Patrizio & Swales, J Kim & Turner, Karen, 2010. "An investigation of issues relating to where energy should enter the production function," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-18, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Knut Anton Mork & Robert E. Hall, 1980.
"Energy Prices, Inflation, and Recession, 1974-1975,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 31-64.
- Knut Anton Mork & Robert E. Hall, 1979. "Energy Prices, Inflation, and Recession, 1974-1975," NBER Working Papers 0369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yazid Dissou & Lilia Karnizova & Qian Sun, 2015.
"Industry-level Econometric Estimates of Energy-Capital-Labor Substitution with a Nested CES Production Function,"
Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(1), pages 107-121, March.
- Yazid Dissou & Lilia Karnizova & Qian Sun, 2012. "Industry-level Econometric Estimates of Energy-capital-labour Substitution with a Nested CES Production Function," Working Papers 1214E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Hoy, Kyle A. & Wrenn, Douglas H., 2018. "Unconventional energy, taxation, and interstate welfare: An analysis of Pennsylvania's severance tax policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 53-65.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga, 2019.
"Capital–energy substitutability in manufacturing sectors: methodological and policy implications,"
Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 9(2), pages 157-182, June.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga, 2018. "Capital-energy substitutability in manufacturing sectors: methodological and policy implications," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0234, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Maya Eden & Paul Gaggl, 2018. "On the Welfare Implications of Automation," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 29, pages 15-43, July.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in U.S. manufacturing: A nonparametric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 76-96, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:13077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (TANIMOTO, Toko). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.