Situating Labour in the Global Production Network Debate: As if the â€˜Southâ€™ Mattered
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keshab Das & K.J. Joseph, 2011. "On Learning, Innovation and Competence Building in Indiaâ€™s SMEs: Challenges Ahead," Working Papers id:4640, eSocialSciences.
- Stephanie Barrientos & Gary Gereffi & Arianna Rossi, 2012. "Economic and Social Upgrading in Global Production Networks: Developing a Framework for Analysis," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2010-03, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 2010. "The role of standards in global value chains," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5396, The World Bank.
- Danny MacKinnon, 2012. "Beyond strategic coupling: reassessing the firm-region nexus in global production networks," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 227-245, January.
- Werner Sengenberger, 2009. "The Scope of Industrial Districts in the Third World," Chapters, in: Giacomo Becattini & Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propis (ed.), A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 45, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Humphrey, John & Schmitz, Hubert, 1996. "The Triple C approach to local industrial policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1859-1877, December.
- Ann Markusen, 2003.
"Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 701-717.
- Ann Markusen, 1999. "Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 869-884.
- Andy Cumbers & Corinne Nativel & Paul Routledge, 2008. "Labour agency and union positionalities in global production networks," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 369-387, May.
- Amengual, Matthew, 2010. "Complementary Labor Regulation: The Uncoordinated Combination of State and Private Regulators in the Dominican Republic," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 405-414, March.
- Pegler, L.J., 2009. "Development through global value chains and the achievement of decent work : challenges to work and representational processes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18708, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Keshab Das, 2016. "Situating Labour in the Global Production Network Debate: As if the ‘South’ Mattered," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(3), pages 343-362, September.
- Phil Almond & Maria C. Gonzalez & Jonathan Lavelle & Gregor Murray, 2017. "The local in the global: regions, employment systems and multinationals," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 115-132, March.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2010. "Clusters, Networks and Economic Development: An Evolutionary Economics Perspective," Chapters, in: Ron Boschma & Ron Martin (ed.), The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chikako Oka, 2016. "Improving working conditions in garment supply chains: The role of unions in Cambodia," Post-Print hal-02952169, HAL.
- Chikako Oka, 2016. "Improving Working Conditions in Garment Supply Chains: The Role of Unions in Cambodia," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(3), pages 647-672, September.
- Hamilton-Hart, Natasha & Stringer, Christina, 2016. "Upgrading and exploitation in the fishing industry: Contributions of value chain analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 166-171.
- Stephanie BARRIENTOS & Gary GEREFFI & Arianna ROSSI, 2011. "Economic and social upgrading in global production networks: A new paradigm for a changing world," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 150(3-4), pages 319-340, December.
- Emanuela Todeva & Ruslan Rakhmatullin, 2016. "Industry Global Value Chains, Connectivity and Regional Smart Specialisation in Europe. An Overview of Theoretical Approaches and Mapping Methodologies," JRC Working Papers JRC102801, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Sedlacek Sabine & Kurka Bernhard & Maier Gunther, 2009. "Regional identity: a key to overcome structural weaknesses in peripheral rural regions?," European Countryside, Sciendo, vol. 1(4), pages 180-201, January.
- Ronconi, Lucas & Zarazaga S.J., Rodrigo, 2015.
"Labor Exclusion and the Erosion of Citizenship Responsibilities,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 453-461.
- Ronconi, Lucas & Zarazaga, Rodrigo, 2015. "Labor Exclusion and the Erosion of Citizenship Responsibilities," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6828, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gary Gereffi & Joonkoo Lee, 2016. "Economic and Social Upgrading in Global Value Chains and Industrial Clusters: Why Governance Matters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Romijn, H., 2000. "Technology Support for Small Industries in Developing Countries: A Review of Concepts and Project Practices," Working Papers 00.06, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Ron Boschma & Ron Martin, 2010.
"The Aims and Scope of Evolutionary Economic Geography,"
Chapters, in: Ron Boschma & Ron Martin (ed.), The Handbook of Evolutionary Economic Geography, chapter 1,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ron Boschma & Ron Martin, 2010. "The Aims and Scope of Evolutionary Economic Geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1001, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2010.
- Tom Barratt & Caleb Goods & Alex Veen, 2020. "â€˜Iâ€™m my own bossâ€¦â€™: Active intermediation and â€˜entrepreneurialâ€™ worker agency in the Australian gig-economy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 52(8), pages 1643-1661, November.
- Junior Davis, 2005. "The rural non-farm economy, Livelihoods and their," Development and Comp Systems 0510016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vargas Hernández, José G., 2004.
"Complejidad de la gobernabilidad de las redes globales emergentes,"
FACES. Revista de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación, vol. 10(19), pages 23-50.
- Vargas Hernández, José G., 2004. "Complejidad de la gobernabilidad de las redes globales emergentes," Nülan. Deposited Documents 123, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Yuan-Chieh Chang & Ming-Huei Chen & Yuan-Po Lin & Yu-Shiang Gao, 2012. "Measuring Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Capabilities," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 3(2), pages 90-108, June.
- Al James, 2005. "Demystifying the role of culture in innovative regional economies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1197-1216.
- Luc Fransen & Brian Burgoon & Luc Fransen & Brian Burgoon, 2017. "Introduction to the Special Issue: Public and Private Labor Standards Policy in the Global Economy," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 8(s3), pages 5-14, May.
- Yeung, Henry Wai-chung & Liu, Weidong & Dicken, Peter, 2006. "Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunications equipment in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 520-540, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal production networks; Labour; Labour agency; Informality; TNCs; employment; decent work; goals; process standards; globalization.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:6665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.