Analysing Trade Flows and Industrial Structure of India: The Question of Data Harmonisation
An important requirement for the analysis of trade flows in relation to domestic industrial structure is the availability of a database covering information on trade flows, industry and firm characteristics. Such a database, as yet, does not exist in India. Thus, one is left to opt for the second best solution of compiling data from different sources to produce a harmonised database. This paper is an attempt to provide guidance in that direction. [Working Paper No. 321]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sunil Mani, 2010. "Government Intervention in Commercial Crop Development: Case of Flue Cured Virginia Tobacco," Working Papers id:2938, eSocialSciences.
- White, Lawrence J, 1974. "Industrial Organization and International Trade: Some Theoretical Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 1013-1020, December.
- N. Shanta & J. Dennis Raja Kumar, 1999. "Corporate statistics: The missing numbers," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 295, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Auquier, Antoine A, 1980. "Sizes of Firms, Exporting Behavior, and the Structure of French Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 203-218, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 2008. "Increasing returns," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2008-3, Nobel Prize Committee.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2986. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.