Analysing Trade Flows and Industrial Structure of India: The Question of Data Harmonisation
An important requirement for the analysis of trade flows in relation to domestic industrial structure is the availability of a database covering information on trade flows, industry and firm characteristics. Such a database, as yet, does not exist in India. Thus, one is left to opt for the second best solution of compiling data from different sources to produce a harmonised database. This paper is an attempt to provide guidance in that direction. [Working Paper No. 321]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sunil Mani, 2010. "Government Intervention in Commercial Crop Development: Case of Flue Cured Virginia Tobacco," Working Papers id:2938, eSocialSciences.
- Auquier, Antoine A, 1980. "Sizes of Firms, Exporting Behavior, and the Structure of French Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 203-218, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 2008. "Increasing returns," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2008-3, Nobel Prize Committee.
- White, Lawrence J, 1974. "Industrial Organization and International Trade: Some Theoretical Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 1013-1020, December.
- N. Shanta & J. Dennis Raja Kumar, 1999. "Corporate statistics: The missing numbers," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 295, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2986. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.