Measurement of Inflation in India: Issues and Associated Challenges for the Conduct of Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ajay Shah & Ila Patnaik & Rudrani Bhattacharya, 2008. "Early Warnings of Inflation in India," Working Papers id:1682, eSocialSciences.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997.
"Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 97-116, Spring.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997. "Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Kim, 2004.
"Inflation Targeting, Price-Path Targeting, and Output Variability,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Inflation-Targeting Debate, pages 173-200
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Junhan Kim, 2003. "Inflation Targeting, Price-Path Targeting and Output Variability," NBER Working Papers 9672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1998. "Index Number Issues in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 47-58, Winter.
- Robert J Hill, 2004. "Inflation Measurement for Central Bankers," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Christopher Kent & Simon Guttmann (ed.), The Future of Inflation Targeting Reserve Bank of Australia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordssupply shocks; volatality; central bank; reserve bank; RBI; statistical issues; Exchange Rate; REER; financial; economic; Inflation Measurement; Monetary policy; India; CPT; WPI; commodity; prices; data; Inflation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-09-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2010-09-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-09-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .