Productivity of Pesticides in Vegetable Farming in Nepal
This paper examines the effectiveness of damage control mechanisms to reduce crop losses from agricultural pests. It uses data from a sample of Cole crop (Cauliflower and Cabbage) growing households in the Bhaktapur district of Nepal to study the impact of pesticides on agriculture production.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2000.
"Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental health and sustainability costs,"
Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers
48363, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clem, 2001. "Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental, health and sustainability costs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 449-462, December.
- Nguyen Huu Dung & Tran Thi Thanh Dung, 1999. "Economic and Health Consequences of Pesticide Use in Paddy Production in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam," EEPSEA Research Report rr1999021, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Feb 1999.
- Brethour, Cher & Weersink, Alfons, 2001.
"An economic evaluation of the environmental benefits from pesticide reduction,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Brethour, Cher & Weersink, Alfons, 2001. "An economic evaluation of the environmental benefits from pesticide reduction," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 219-226, September.
- Maria Travisi, Chiara & Nijkamp, Peter & Vindigni, Gabriella, 2006. "Pesticide risk valuation in empirical economics: a comparative approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 455-474, April.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20020112 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.