Rising Inequality With High Growth Isn't This Trend Worrisome? Analysis of Kerala Experience
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K.K. Subramanian & Syam Prasad, 2008. "Rising inequality with high growth isn't this trend worrisome? Analysis of Kerala experience," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 401, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Deininger, K & Squire, L, 1996. "Measuring Income Inequality : A New Data-Base," Papers 537, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Angus Deaton and Jean Drèze & Jean Drèze, 2002. "Poverty and Inequality in India: A Reexamination," Working papers 107, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- L. R. Jain & Suresh D. Tendulkar, 1990. "Role of Growth and Distribution in the Observed Change in Headcount Ratio Measure of Poverty: A Decomposition Exercise for India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 165-205, July.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- K.C. Zachariah & S. Irudaya Rajan, 2004. "Gulf revisited: Economic consequences of emigration from Kerala, emigration and unemployment," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 363, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_dreze_poverty_india is not listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, M. & Datt, G., 1991. "Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures," Papers 83, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K. Pushpangadan & G.Murugan, 2008. "Dynamics of rural water supply in coastal Kerala: A Sustainable development view," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 402, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Rajesh, K, 2009. "Participatory Institutions and People’s Practices in India: An analysis of Decentralisation experiences in Kerala State," MPRA Paper 29544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold; reform; economic growth; inclusive growth; Kerala; pro-poor; poverty; ineqaulity; India; per capita inocme; PCI; NSDP; consumer expenditure; NSS; India; states; income distribution;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .