Structural Modeling under Challenge
It is interesting to note that nearly three decades of new paradigms in macroeconomic theory and policy have hardly gone beyond the ivory towers of the academic world. The extent to which a scientific discipline is open to new ideas and approaches is a measure of its health. The enrichment of econometric methodology in recent decades leading to what is some times called "new econometrics" is not only natural but also welcome. The critical question however, is whether the new ideas are an outgrowth of earlier wisdom or a total negation of it. Since this is largely a matter of subjective assessment views would be considerably different.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1974.
"Rational expectations and the theory of economic policy,"
29, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sargent, Thomas J. & Wallace, Neil, 1976. "Rational expectations and the theory of economic policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 169-183, April.
- Francis X. Diebold, 1997.
"The past, present, and future of macroeconomic forecasting,"
97-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Francis X. Diebold, 1998. "The Past, Present, and Future of Macroeconomic Forecasting," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 175-192, Spring.
- Francis X. Diebold, 1997. "The Past, Present, and Future of Macroeconomic Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 6290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benassy Jean-pascal, 1987.
"Non-walrasian equilibria money and macroeconomics,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1990. "Non-Walrasian equilibria, money, and macroeconomics," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 103-169 Elsevier.
- Hsiao, Cheng, 1997. "Statistical Properties of the Two-Stage Least Squares Estimator under Cointegration," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 385-98, July.
- Cheng Hsiao, 1997. "Cointegration and Dynamic Simultaneous Equations Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 647-670, May.
- Martin Eichenbaum, 1996.
"Some comments on the role of econometrics in economic theory,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 22-31.
- Eichenbaum, Martin, 1995. "Some Comments on the Role of Econometrics in Economic Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1609-21, November.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983.
"Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Taylor, John B, 1993. "The Use of the New Macroeconometrics for Policy Formulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 300-305, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.