The Jena video laboratory for economic experiments
This paper describes the video laboratory at the Max Planck Institute for Research into Economic Systems in Jena. The idea is to give the experiment designer an overview on the functionality of the video laboratory, to provide the first time user a quick overview of the control system and preset experiment configurations, and the advanced user finds references for programming the central video-/audio hardware. The laboratory allows conducting video experiments using 8 soundproof cabins with up to 4 subjects in each cabin. Each cabin provides in- and output for video- and audio signals. In addition, each cabin is equipped with a personal computer for subjects' decisions. The equipment allows the researcher to run a computerized experiment with additional recording of audio/video communication between cabins or video recording of group discussions in single cabins.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kahlaische Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena|
Phone: +49-3641-68 65
Fax: +49-3641-68 69 90
Web page: http://www.econ.mpg.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.econ.mpg.de/english/research/ESI/discuss.php Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeannette Brosig & Joachim Weimann & Axel Ockenfels, 2003.
"The Effect of Communication Media on Cooperation,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 217-241, 05.
- Jeannette Brosig & Axel Ockenfels & Joachim Weimann, 2002. "The Effect of Communication Media on Cooperation," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-17, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Carsten Schmidt & Ro`i Zultan, 2004. "Unilateral face-to-face communication in ultimatum bargaining - A video experiment," Discussion Paper Series dp369, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Carsten Schmidt & Ro'i Zultan, 2004. "Unilateral face-to-face communication in ultimatum bargaining - A video experiment," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-35, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Guth, Werner & Tietz, Reinhard, 1990. "Ultimatum bargaining behavior : A survey and comparison of experimental results," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 417-449, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)