The Jena video laboratory for economic experiments
This paper describes the video laboratory at the Max Planck Institute for Research into Economic Systems in Jena. The idea is to give the experiment designer an overview on the functionality of the video laboratory, to provide the first time user a quick overview of the control system and preset experiment configurations, and the advanced user finds references for programming the central video-/audio hardware. The laboratory allows conducting video experiments using 8 soundproof cabins with up to 4 subjects in each cabin. Each cabin provides in- and output for video- and audio signals. In addition, each cabin is equipped with a personal computer for subjects' decisions. The equipment allows the researcher to run a computerized experiment with additional recording of audio/video communication between cabins or video recording of group discussions in single cabins.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kahlaische Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena|
Phone: +49-3641-68 65
Fax: +49-3641-68 69 90
Web page: http://www.econ.mpg.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.econ.mpg.de/english/research/ESI/discuss.php Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Guth, Werner & Tietz, Reinhard, 1990. "Ultimatum bargaining behavior : A survey and comparison of experimental results," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 417-449, September.
- Jeannette Brosig & Joachim Weimann & Axel Ockenfels, 2003.
"The Effect of Communication Media on Cooperation,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 217-241, 05.
- Carsten Schmidt & Ro'i Zultan, 2004.
"Unilateral face-to-face communication in ultimatum bargaining - A video experiment,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2004-35, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Carsten Schmidt & Ro`i Zultan, 2004. "Unilateral face-to-face communication in ultimatum bargaining - A video experiment," Discussion Paper Series dp369, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:discus:2004-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Richter)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Karin Richter to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.